will the Hamburg work on acoustic guitar?

diogo

hello everyone,

i cant make up my mind about my aproach to mics...i have several combinations in prospect but i dunno where to turn..i need something for vocals and acoustic guitar, not necessarly one mic only, but i dunno, if an Hamburg can do the job on both i guess its worth the extra money and ill be getting something that doesnt require an upgrade (at least comparing to something like a C1 or a V67)...

here are the possible combinations...this will be used only on my recordings, coming out of tascam analog portastudios...

1. ADK Hamburg (vocals, acoustic guitar and mic a fender hotrod deluxe, not very often, also have a 57 for that)

2. MXL V67G (vocals) and Studio Projects B1 (acoustic guitar and amp micing along with the 57) - i guess its also really important here to understand what the B1 can give me that the 67 cant...and at it, will it be that much of a difference...

3. MXL V67G (vocals and acoustic guitar) and MXL 603 (only one, acoustic guitar..i would later get the second...ill only do the extra financial effort for the Hamburg)

i dont need versatility, im only recording myself...i need a really strong acoustic sound (no problems with my guitars, but my room might be a problem)..ill need the in your face acoustic as well as the "far" acoustic as well...i posted about the acoustic guitar mics not so long ago, and it was concluded i need both the B1 and the 603's, but i really need to incorporate a vocal mic on this order as well, so this is a new scenario...if the Hamburg works better for these two things than the rest of the mics combined, ill make the extra effort (100 bucks more) and get that...

what do u guys think?

many thanks in advance......

Last edited:
tanx for the link Scrubs...

i read those articles and like the sound of the hamburg...i just really need to understand if the 67 or/and B1 are close or not...in terms of quality, etc...to justify 100 more bucks for the Hamburg...and also what will the B1 give me that the 67 cant...will it be wiser to just go for a 67 and 603...etc...

i really need some fresh input... :D

many thanks!

Back