Why won't my new Behringer work w/my old one's cable?

hokypokynose

Okay. My second ECM8000 came in. I unplugged my old one and plugged the new one in it's cable to test it. Nothing. Check gain, plugged into the mixer status, everything. It all seems nominal. Thought maybe, it's the cable. Unplug a 57 and slap on the Behringer. It shoots into action. I can see the sig LED on the Mackie dancing to the Ben Folds Five I had playing in the backround. I then place the Behringer back onto the other Behringer's cable. Nothing again. I then tried the 57's cable on the old Behringer's channel and it starts dancin to the music again.

WHAT'S GOIN ON!?

Um, are you sure you had phantom power on the behringer channel? You never mentioned trying your old behringer, you just said you tried the new one with no luck, and then the new one on a different channel, and then the SM57 on the behringer channel. It could be that you had phantom power on the SM57 channel, and not the behringer channel.

Sometimes it's something silly. If not, I'm sure Harvey or Skippy will have some kind of cool technical explanation! :)

Slackmaster 2000

Oh I'm sorry Slack, I tried the new Behringer on the old Behringer's channel using the cable that I normally use with the 57. I didn't use the 57 at all except to take the cable off of it. And I forgot to mention that the old Behringer works on it's cable(the one I'm having trouble with the new one on) on it's channel(which should work fine as this board is less than a week old because I had to return my old one).

I hope that clears thing up. I have a huge headache(I think it's the smell of my new workstation(or pseudo)) so I'm not as coherant as I normally am.

Phantom was on and I understand what you mean completely about the silly stuff being the stuff that goes wrong. It's kinda like looking all over the house for the remote controll and it's in your hand the whole time.

PapaJack said:
It's called a "Non-Documented Enhancement" . Don't you love it.:D

That must be what the "quality contoll" means on the side of the box.

Oh well, it still "coretes" my room fine :D.

Back