Virus Alert.

Han

Got an email today about a new virus that will destroy your harddisk and you will lose all content.

You will receive an email that says: " WELCOME TO THE MATRIX.PPS"

Don't open this email, delete it. If you open it you'll get 10 seconds of animation, followed by: "YOU'RE HARDDRIVE IS OVER"

The sender will get your email and IP and can do much harm.
There's no anti virus program that can destroy this virus yet. It comes from a french asshole.

The virus is the Nwin27 virus.

It may be a hoax, but I thought it's best to warn you guys.

So how is this virus going to spread to my microphones? If it can, then thanks for letting us know. If it can't, then I don't understand why I'm reading about this here. :D

Han said:
Got an email today about a new virus that will destroy your harddisk and you will lose all content.

You will receive an email that says: " WELCOME TO THE MATRIX.PPS"

Don't open this email, delete it. If you open it you'll get 10 seconds of animation, followed by: "YOU'RE HARDDRIVE IS OVER"

The sender will get your email and IP and can do much harm.
There's no anti virus program that can destroy this virus yet. It comes from a french asshole.

The virus is the Nwin27 virus.

It may be a hoax, but I thought it's best to warn you guys.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/welcome.to.the.matrix.html

HOAX from 2003.

-mr moon

chessrock said:
So how is this virus going to spread to my microphones? If it can, then thanks for letting us know. If it can't, then I don't understand why I'm reading about this here. :D

Don't worry it is a hoax.

However, if it were a real virus or worm, it would travel through your computer mouse or keyboard, into your hands, then into your lungs, finally to be sprayed out of your mouth in tiny dropplets as you sing into your microphone. Your microphone would be infected and would have to be destroyed to halt further infection. I am certified (by "The Man") to take care of virus-laiden mics, so just send them my way!

:p

-moon

Mr. Moon said:
Don't worry it is a hoax.

However, if it were a real virus or worm, it would travel through your computer mouse or keyboard, into your hands, then into your lungs, finally to be sprayed out of your mouth in tiny dropplets as you sing into your microphone. Your microphone would be infected and would have to be destroyed to halt further infection. I am certified (by "The Man") to take care of virus-laiden mics, so just send them my way!

:p

-moon

It only destroys Behringer and Radio Shack mics, right? The jury will rule it justifiable micocide. :D

***Amish Virus Alert***

You have just received the Amish virus.Since we have no electricity or computers, you are on the honor system. Please delete all of your files on your hard drive, then forward this message to everyone in your address book.

Thank thee.

scrubs said:
It only destroys Behringer and Radio Shack mics, right? The jury will rule it justifiable micocide. :D

No, it destroys only high-end (read: expensive) mics such as: Neumann, Gefell, and such. Somehow, the lower-end (read: less-expensive) mics have developed some kind of immunity, so only send me the high-end mics. Now!! Before it's too late!!!! :eek:

:D

-mr moon

Mr. Moon said:
No, it destroys only high-end (read: expensive) mics such as: Neumann, Gefell, and such. Somehow, the lower-end (read: less-expensive) mics have developed some kind of immunity, so only send me the high-end mics. Now!! Before it's too late!!!! :eek:

:D

-mr moon

Well, thank god. That doesn't affect me, then. Take that, gear snobs!!! :p

apl said:
***Amish Virus Alert***

You have just received the Amish virus.Since we have no electricity or computers, you are on the honor system. Please delete all of your files on your hard drive, then forward this message to everyone in your address book.

Thank thee.

Verily, I hath laughed my ath off! :D

Back