Are these good stuff?

carciofi

Hello
I just started in this recording business.
I was given by a friend three equipments and a software, and would like to hear from you whether they are good stuff or not:

- A neumann KM184 microphone
- A behringer B-2 microphone
- A Roland UA-100 external sound board
- Cakewalk 9.0.

Well, by this question your can notice that I don't know anything about recording. But I'm glad I found this BBS, I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot here.

Thanks,

Alex

The KM184 is one of the finest small diaphram condensor mics you'll ever find. Good for acoustic instruments or drum overheads. Not so good for vocals although you could still use it for that. The Behringer mic is a boat anchor IMHO. Cakewalk is a decent multi track software and very useable. Not familiar with the Roland.

It's an off the shelf Chinese made mic. Consistancy isn't that great, hyped high end reponse...I could go on. I don't care for them but if they work for you, that's all that counts really. On the other hand, they're inexpensive.:D

carciofi

Hey tell you what I'd be willing to trade you my dust covered rode nt1 for the km184. That is an excellent trade if you ask me, I will even include the soft case for nothing.This deal is hard for me to make but I believe it's alway's nice to help out other home recordist's whenever possible.Let me know.LOL!!!!!!!

Harley,
I dunno... Well, sounds good to me! :)

Do someone knows something about the Roland UA-100 external sound board?

Back