Tell us about this new Studio Projects “E” series!

Tell us about this new Studio Projects “CS” series!

Since we are privileged to have most of the Studio Projects gang active here, I, a total unassociated “business” entity (no gratuities, wages, salaries, tips, free samples, kickbacks, etc, etc, etc…), and a very active and contributing forum member here, would like to hear their take on the new “CS” series microphones announced at Winter NAMM ‘05.

Things I want them to talk about are:
1. Design (within reason of course – I’m sure B*ger will be reading, LOL!).

2. Difference in models (are there more than one?).

3. Sound (Examples of where they’ve been used, what sources they were used on, how they compare to the other SP and JM mics, etc…).

4. Price and availability.

5. Pictures.

6. Any other related information that I’ve left out.

Things we don’t need:
1. Cryin’, moanin’, spamcops, naysayers, etc… :eek:

2. More of #1. :p

Let the discussion begin! :D

p.s. moderator: if this is a bad thread, then please delete it. If not, then we’ll assume it has your blessing. Ok?

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to checking out the new SP mics. From what I can gather, SP considers the mics a cut above the B and C Series. I appears a fair amount of R&D has gone into them. For sure, the prices will be a notch or two higher.

It's a great thread, Flat. I'm interested, too. In fact I wish we had other retailers here sharing their thoughts about their products in our discussions. As long as these folks
self-identify themselves, the more the better for me.

J.

Flatpicker said:
Since we are privileged to have most of the Studio Projects gang active here
Yeah, our discussions are constantly being monitored by marketing entities... anyway, I'm sure I'll have some question too. :)
Flatpicker said:
p.s. moderator: if this is a bad thread, then please delete it. If not, then we’ll assume it has your blessing. Ok?
You might want to send Dragon a message if you really want him to see this. ;)

Last edited:
I wanna hear! You see, this would be so much easier it RO hadn't been so dumb about fees for forums over there :(

Guys ... guys ... guys.

I've got the lowdown on the new E series.

They're a cut above the C and B series, utilizing better components and stricter quality control.

And they're by far the best-sounding microphone to not actually hit the market yet. In fact, they're the best microphones I've never used or heard, hands-down. Whereas the C series falls just short of sounding exactly like a Neumann ... the E series kills all the Neumanns and Telefunkens, and at a fraction of the price.

And the amazing part is that it does all of this without ever even being heard by anyone, or a single unit being sold.

Fab4ever said:
Thanks, Chess. Be sure to tell us about the mics YOU have brought to market, too, ok?

Well, I can tell ya this much ...

My mics that haven't yet come to market beat the pants off the SP mics that haven't come to market. Until they actually come to market, that is, but that's a minor technicality (around here, at least).

Not only are mine the best-sounding mics not yet on the market ... but mine go a step further as the best mics never to be on the market.

Now that's saying something, my friend.

chessrock said:
I've got the lowdown on the new E series...
This forum is supposed to be about the "CS" series, not the "E" series. I screwed up the thread title and now it won't let me change it! :mad:

Mr. Moderator: Can you fix the title please?

noisedude said:
I wanna hear! You see, this would be so much easier it RO hadn't been so dumb about fees for forums over there :(
Maybe some day PMI-AG will work out an advertising deal with Dragon here at hr.com... after all, if PMI-AG is going to advertise on David's BBS he should get his cut of the action too... or better yet, maybe after PMI-AG grows bigger they will be able to afford their own BBS type website like Fender, etc, and the rest of the big boys.

:D :D :D :D

LOL................ thanks cressrock, that's funnier than heck... I needed that.

Right on the money too... lol. :D

Ok, so this thread’s turning into a trash-heap already and the PMI guys haven’t even posted yet. Bad idea on my part, I guess. I’ll just get the low-down on my own – privately!

(Sorry Gidge - I really wish we could edit and/or delete our own threads here! :( )

Oh dear ... this isn't working out as planned. Dammit! It's too much to expect one of them to start their own thread. Is there no way of doing this without it being sh*t?

No, not a bad idea, Flat. But you raise the bigger point of whether anyone wants a retailer/manufacturer (self-identified) to provide information here. As I've stated, I'm completely in favor of such posts by PMI, Deepwater, and anyone else selling gear. IMHO, Such opinions, taken in context, simply add to the discussion.

I'm sure I'm living in Pollyanaville, but I wish folks here could vote on this issue and then let it rest. If most folks don't like the idea, then anyone selling could be off limits. But if people decide to keep the gate open, then (in a perfect world) it sure would be nice if the dissenting opinion could just avoid such theads and let the rest of us enjoy them.

Or, as an option, we could start a new category here specificially devoted to such retailer imput.

Without some kind of decision, though, the sniping does indeed get tiring and always seems to drag down such threads and the writers who participate.

Moderator?

J.

Yep, just as expected. I had a glimmer of hope I might find out something useful when this thread started. . . .guess I won't find it out here.

Back