Tell us about this new Studio Projects “E” series!

Damn, and I could have received more contradictory information on this thread. Hey Chessrock, let me know when you don't plan on not releasing your mics. ;)

Later folks,
Mark

noisedude said:
Oh dear ... this isn't working out as planned. Dammit! It's too much to expect one of them to start their own thread. Is there no way of doing this without it being sh*t?

yeah, buy an ad......

btw, why is your nose so far up PMI's ass lately.....so unlike you........

Err ... my nose is right here on my face on the far side of the Atlantic.

We all call it how we see it - I've only ever commented on the guys seeming like a nice bunch and gear that looks interesting. So you have a problem with that, do you? I guess you're allowed to be nasty but I'm not allowed to be nice. Should I assume that a musical corporation is paying you to anti-spam other companies? I just don't see what your problem is, pal.

noisedude said:
Oh dear ... this isn't working out as planned. Dammit! It's too much to expect one of them to start their own thread. Is there no way of doing this without it being sh*t?

Not really.

As soon as someone comes in to a thread and posts something that's in the least bit smug, humorous ... basically anything that's not all touchy-feely, happy good-times ...

... Then you can bet about 50 guys are going to get their panties all wadded up. And they'll post about it; oh boy, will they ever. "My panties are in a wad because Chessrock said something funny. Life sucks, will it ever stop?" Or "DJL said something smug about SP (big surprize there), so now I'm going to go cry. Can't we moderate this stuff? Oh, whoa is me. Will the misery ever end?"

You guys basically trash your own threads, and then blame it on someone else. Turning your lovely threads in to group pitty-parties. :D I'd call you guys out on it if I didn't find it so damn entertaining.

Wait a minute. I just did, didn't I? Oh the misery ... the pain ... the agony!

Fair enough. I'm just not sure it's fair for a couple of guys to deny us answers to questions we want to ask. If you think that's ok, then go right ahead. I have no problem with you ... I'd just like you to lay off occasionally when there's no need to stir shit up.

noisedude said:
I'd just like you to lay off occasionally when there's no need to stir shit up.

Aw, c'mon. It's just so easy to get you guys' goat. It's like a big, fat piece of candy sitting right there, tempting me. :D "See the Candy, Chessrock? It's right there in front of you. Too bad you can't have some. "

chessrock said:
Guys ... guys ... guys.

I've got the lowdown on the new E series.

They're a cut above the C and B series, utilizing better components and stricter quality control.

And they're by far the best-sounding microphone to not actually hit the market yet. In fact, they're the best microphones I've never used or heard, hands-down. Whereas the C series falls just short of sounding exactly like a Neumann ... the E series kills all the Neumanns and Telefunkens, and at a fraction of the price.

And the amazing part is that it does all of this without ever even being heard by anyone, or a single unit being sold.

At least there is a wonderful oppertunity to compare the new mics to *anything but* a Neumann U87. Maybe a new target like Geffell. That would be nice for a change!

My take is that having manufacturer/marketers/sellers here just enlivens things - it adds information and some spice to the discussions. And I don't mind some ribbing, such as Chessrock's first post in this thread - look, we should all be able to take some ribbing. But the people who lie in wait, hoping for a comment by a PMI guy so they can immediately "out" him (even though Alan has his info in his signature!) sort of get me down.

noisedude said:
Err ... my nose is right here on my face on the far side of the Atlantic.

We all call it how we see it - I've only ever commented on the guys seeming like a nice bunch and gear that looks interesting. So you have a problem with that, do you? I guess you're allowed to be nasty but I'm not allowed to be nice. Should I assume that a musical corporation is paying you to anti-spam other companies? I just don't see what your problem is, pal.

Im allowed opinions too......yes, they have some cool gear.......i own/owned a good bit of it.....One of the biggest Joe Meek fans here is ME.......but nice?....Alan?......pleeze.......

Guys, seriously. If you have something to say that's not related to the topic, don't. :D Whatever position you have on this ... someone's probably already posted about it, and they've probably done a better job than you ... or they've at least beat you to the punch. :D

I've already thrown my obligatory snide comment or two, so I'm happy.

Flatpicker wanted to know about a new mic. If someone from PMI wants to answer, then cool. If Dragon wants to ban this thread ... cool. Just let it run it's course. We don't need your opinion on whether or not spamming is okay, chessrock is an asshole, or if DJL should be banned, or if Gidge is a PMI flip-flopper (which he kind of is) nonsense, etc. Seriously.

chessrock said:
Guys, seriously. If you have something to say that's not related to the topic, don't. :D Whatever position you have on this ... someone's probably already posted about it, and they've probably done a better job than you ... or they've at least beat you to the punch. :D

I've already thrown my obligatory snide comment or two, so I'm happy.

Flatpicker wanted to know about a new mic. If someone from PMI wants to answer, then cool. If Dragon wants to ban this thread ... cool. Just let it run it's course. We don't need your opinion on whether or not spamming is okay, chessrock is an asshole, or if DJL should be banned, or if Gidge is a PMI flip-flopper (which he kind of is) nonsense, etc. Seriously.

yo mommas a flip-flopper :eek: :D

in my own words in this thread:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=127203&page=1&pp=25&highlight=bed
"on one hand its spam, on the other hand people are getting some info they want (and some get a free mic)......

which hand i see it as depends on which side of the bed i wake up on......the side of the bed i woke up on today wants the EQ/JM27 deal...."

Whichever way the winds blow today, Gidge. :D

That should be in your signature. If you can find room for it somewhere with that Blame Amy thing, that is. She is pretty hot, by the way. For a cartoon. And I'm not normally in to Goth chicks.

Many other boards have started NAMM show threads just for this purpose. It allows all the fudge to be in one place.

Since what ever we post here is considered SPAM, we are leary to post anything. If you want to learn more about what we are doing, this is the place without getting hammered by you know who...

Curious? Click Here

Oh man that egg beater thread was a good one! That was classic. "Then I see how it sits in the mix" ... better than a cold one on a hot day.

alanhyatt said:
...If you want to learn more about what we are doing, this is the place without getting hammered by you know who...
Cool beans! :cool:

DJL has been begging for that - I'll bet you did it just for him! ;)

Back