Studio Projects B1

PG13

Exactly how is this mic Quality Wise Im really thinking about buying it. I already the Behringer B2 and its really great i think Behringer slipped up and actually milked out a good mike . I AB-ed this with a Nueman U87 with a Joe Meek VC6Q aswell as a Grace Preamp and to be honest with you that B2 sounds pretty similar to that nueman they were all shocked when i told them what company made the mic and the price. But anyway Im looking for another cheap Price mic thats quality i was told to look for Joe Meek Jm47 and Studio Projects. But as we all know JM47's are discontinued so now im wondering about the Studio Projects B1. How is it quality wise compared to the Rode Nt2...Behringer B1 and the Studio Projects C1...basically i wanna know how its compared to trusted quality mics hope u can help. I mean the price looks good to me but if it isn't quality i wont waste my time. o and i just wont this mic for Rap..r & b and rock vocals thats it. Hope u can help thanks

PG13 said:
..Exactly how is this mic Quality Wise Im really thinking about ... so now im wondering about the Studio Projects B1. How is it quality wise compared to the Rode Nt2...Behringer B1 and the Studio Projects C1...

I don't know about the Behringer but the SP's B1 is a far more neutral and less hyped sounding mic than either the C1 or the NT2.

IMO it is an excellent mic for the money and, due to being less colored than the others you mentioned, is probably more versatile in it's application.

Cheers

Last edited:
Buying an SP B1 is something you won't regret. It's a fine little mic. And SP is known for really good customer service.

yea i've done a serch on the B1 and people response are mainly conneccted with instruments not hiphop vocals thats what im looking for

That B2 is an NT2, behringer uses the same parts inside as rode, and does final assembly in US.

The SP B1 is the animal not the behringer B1, dont confuse them.

OK here is my Basic Question if someone can Answer this for me i'll be very thankful

Which is best for the application Hiphop Vocal Recording

SP B1...SP B3 or SP C1? I like Clarity and Warmth when im recording i just wanna know which is best thats all
YEs i;ve search and searched andd noone has directly said which is better for Vocals (hiphop)

The B-1 is in a class of mics, either mid size diaphragms or large diaphragms with small housings, which are versatile workhorse studio mics favored for acoustic instruments, overheads, and some vocals. Cheap- B-1 mid range- AKG C2000B, AT 4033. higher end- AKG C414B-ULS, B.L.U.E Baby Bottle. While essential studio mics, these aren't exactly what I'd reach for first for hip-hop vox. Try Marshall MXL V67B if you really want a condenser. Myself, I'd probably go for a dynamic for that application, such as Shure Beta 58.-Richie

Back