Someone help Rode NT1A weird noise(Brand New)

onlyloucid

My brand new Rode NT1A hooked up to my Behringer U-phoria UM2 interface is making this horrible sound, I went to go record and i hear this fuzzy, windy sound. Can someone help me out, I heard it can be a power problem, switched to my laptop same sound. can i email someone this sound clip i have of it?

I have an old NT1-A. It started to make this loud wind noise and huge loss of sensitivity. I read from internet that there maybe some moisture or dirt in the electronics or diaphragm. I opened the microphone and dried it about 15 minutes under hairdryer (not very intense air blow) today and it started to work again. Hopefully that will work.

I would get a better mic it's one of my least favorite mics (except for an acoustic guitar maybe), so that would be a great chance to send it back and get something much better :)

My brand new Rode NT1A hooked up to my Behringer U-phoria UM2 interface is making this horrible sound, I went to go record and i hear this fuzzy, windy sound. Can someone help me out, I heard it can be a power problem, switched to my laptop same sound. can i email someone this sound clip i have of it?

Get in touch with Rode. They have great customer support and the mics have a 10-year guarantee.

I've heard the wind noise in my Rode NTK too a while back. I haven't used it for a few years so if/when I do I will try the hair dryer thing. It's not apparent when singing only when it's just sitting there, so I've ignored it. Thanks for the tip...

I would get a better mic it's one of my least favorite mics (except for an acoustic guitar maybe), so that would be a great chance to send it back and get something much better :)

Not a helpful suggestion, OP whats to talk about moisture in mic and you poo poo it. The NT1A is a very good mic for the price, and the sound of mics to people is like studio monitors, different strokes for different folks.

Alan.

Back