So..

Sandmaster12

I literally made an account here to ask this question, nice forum btw :)

But Okay, I just got a M-Audio Producer USB, nothing special
I have FL studio 10 and I'm having just one problem so far.

I go to record over instrumentals, and I think because it has a headphone jack, the music goes through the microphone and basically re-records the MP3 of the instrumental...

If I plug the headphones directly into the computer, I hear nothing because the music is still going through the microphone.

Basically I would need to change the input of FL studio 10 to the Microphone, and the output to the headphone jack..
but there's only an "input/output" option that I can find..

If anyone has this microphone, or knows FL studio 10 and can help It'd be much appreciated.

Okay...I'll start by saying I have no experience of your USB mic or your software. However, this sounds like a pretty standard computer audio routing problem to me.

Somewhere in the system, probably outside FL Studio, there will be a menu to select what you're recording and playing back to be separate. If the microphone has its own control panel, probably here, otherwise it'll likely be the standard Windoze audio controls. You want the recording source to be your USB device/microphone or something similar and the playback to be Wave Out or Mix Out or similar. Avoid things like "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix" on the Recording side of the menu.

Otherwise, you may have found one of the many reasons I tend not to recommend USB microphones.

Back