Single LDC for Voice and Instrument

arcaxis

Anyone ever seen a mic positioned like this to capture voice and instrument? Kinda threw me at first thinking it might have been an end fired type mic. I didn't try to ID the mics, but guessing cardioid side address unless someone else has another suggestion. Tried it quickly last night with an sE 2200aII C and it might be usable for simple setup recordings with a bit of positional experimenting.

Mmm. A $1500 mic and the don’t have 2 channels on the interface and another mic??? 2 mics, i.e. one one vocal and one in guitar, is always a better chance to get something you can get a better mix with

I can understand this if you have a Focusrite Solo perhaps but the then how many of those folks have a multi-pattern mic?

Maybe it’s because they *had* to record with a single mic?

One mic means no worry about phase problems. Except in the first video where they use two mics, but at least in that case they can place the two players to exploit the 3:1 rule of thumb without putting the mics right up on the singer and guitar. You can hear a little bleed from the guy's voice in the woman's mic because her mic is panned more than his.

Back