Shure DMK57-52 , Audix custom 4 piece , or shure pg 6 ?

reocrding100

Hi , im not sure what microphone kit to buy -Shure DMK57-52 , Audix custom 4 piece , or shure pg 6 ? they all cost 399 but what is the real difference ? I want to buy a good kit and I heard that a lot of people are using the shure sm 57 which is included in the dmk57-52 . I only have 1 overhead so is it worth buying the shure pg 6 just because the overheads (I want good microphones so I prefer 4 than 6 if they are really better ) , or I should buy the dmk57-52 , or the audix kit ??

Thanks

I would buy the Audix or DMK57-52 kits precisely because they do not contain Shure condensers. Shure makes great dynamic mics. Some of their condensers are decent, but I can't say I'd pick any of them for overheads. Just my $0.02.

personally, Dmk kit. always nice to have sm57s which are wonderful, and you'll get much more use out of them because they are very flexible when it comes to what you can mic with them. i would stick to that since you have one overhead, use that for now, and save up for another, or new ones. thats my opinion anyways.

Back