[SOLVED] Shockmount for Sennheiser E935 mic

DJGJUK

Hi, I wasn't sure whether to post this question in this forum or in the Gear Questions forum so I'll do both to be on the safe side!

I'm about to order the Sennheiser E935 mic and, although I'm aware that it has an internal shock mount, I want to use it in a studio environment and so need to find a secure way of attaching it to my mic arm. It seems that the best way to so this would be with a shockmount and I wonder if anyone could recommend a reasonably priced one.

According to the specs, the diameter of the mic is 4.7 cm. I'm assuming this would be at its widest point but I'm not 100% certain.

As always, any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks. :)

Last edited:
Generally I don't think most folks bother shock mounting a handheld dynamic mic, unless the stand is on a floor that is not solid and folks are tromping/stomping around while recording.

The shape (and weight) of the e935 does mean it's not going to fit in some of the light-duty kind of suspension mounts used for SDCs. I did find this one from Shure, that is designed for their mics, that might work, but I'd probably try to record with just the standard clip and see if you can actually hear anything that a suspension mount would prevent. (Or, that can't be addressed with a HPF or low shelf EQ in the DAW.)

Shure A55HM Half-Mount Isolation and Swivel Snap-In Shock A55HM

Generally I don't think most folks bother shock mounting a handheld dynamic mic, unless the stand is on a floor that is not solid and folks are tromping/stomping around while recording.

The shape (and weight) of the e935 does mean it's not going to fit in some of the light-duty kind of suspension mounts used for SDCs. I did find this one from Shure, that is designed for their mics, that might work, but I'd probably try to record with just the standard clip and see if you can actually hear anything that a suspension mount would prevent. (Or, that can't be addressed with a HPF or low shelf EQ in the DAW.)

Shure A55HM Half-Mount Isolation and Swivel Snap-In Shock A55HM

Thanks very much for your very helpful response, Keith. I'll take your advice and try it with the just the clip. All previous mics I've used have always required a shockmount so I think I need to get out of that mindset for this particular mic! :) Thanks again!

Back