RODE K2 With NTK PS

Wouldn't know for sure unless you tried it. but I would do that.
I often wounder the same thing I have several tube microphones and I always double check the power supply to match it's appropriate microphone.
My only guess is that each microphone has it's own specific tolerance.

If any one feels so incline to post the worlds known tube microphones and known workable power supplies that match that would be a great piece of knowledge.

:cool:

Drop them a line or give them a ring, they usually have good tech support.

Cheers
Alan

RODE
For direct information and technical support questions contact:

In Australia:
ozsupport@rodemic.com
or call (02) 9648 5855

In United States and Puerto Rico:
usasupport@rodemic.com
or call (805) 566 7777
between 12:30PM and 4:00PM PST

International:
Click here to find your local service agent

http://www.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=K2
K2
Power Dedicated power supply (110 - 120 V/220 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz)

http://www.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=NTK
NTK
Power Dedicated Power Supply (100 ~ 120V/200 ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz)

On the surface it looks like it might. Double check with the manufacturer if any warranty is in question. There is a minor difference 110-120V vs. 100-120V, but somehow that seems more like a typo to me. Or maybe the K2 has a more discerning power supply.

On the surface it looks like it might. Double check with the manufacturer if any warranty is in question. There is a minor difference 110-120V vs. 100-120V, but somehow that seems more like a typo to me. Or maybe the K2 has a more discerning power supply.

Or maybe it has a completely different pin configuration. The issue is the power *output*, not the input.

Check with Rode before you follow any wild guessing on the interwebs.

Drop them a line or give them a ring, they usually have good tech support.In United States and Puerto Rico:
usasupport@rodemic.com
or call (805) 566 7777
between 12:30PM and 4:00PM PST

You have to put a 1 in front of the number or you get some girl named Lynda who doesn't know what the hell your talking about.<<:laughings:>> she seemed like a nice girl though.

My first thought was to find the replacement part for both mics. If the replacement part is the same, then there's your answer. If they're not, you'll need the replacement anyway. But in practice it looks like it might be easier to find the Presidents birth certificate.

Hey guys: i called Rode and i spoke with a guy and he told me that the K2 has a Multi pattern Power supply so it could work but in cardioid only.:( thanks for the replys!

Hey guys: i called Rode and i spoke with a guy and he told me that the K2 has a Multi pattern Power supply so it could work but in cardioid only.:( thanks for the replys!

I called as well and the tech told me it is not advisable to mix them at all!.!
That the power supply dictates what the microphone needs to perform it's duty.
Though the tech also said the K2 will work in *cardioid only* mode if you mix the power supplies it will bring on unknown adverse affects and STRONGLY recommended not doing that.

Rode says yess!!!

rodemicrophones
19th January 2011
Yep it will work fine. The NTK and K2 power supplies are identical apart from the K2’s circuitry to change between polar patterns. Obviously with an NTK mic into a K2 PSU you won’t get any change in polar patterns, but the power supply itself is exactly the same.

------------------------------------------

TRIED IT, here’s my results...

I used my RØDE NTK psu on my RØDE K2 against all advice. What needed up happening was my K2 worked but was stuck in OMNIDIRECTIONAL. It works nonetheless if you can work with it and isn’t a big deal for you. Cheers.

Back