Replacement ribbons

Big Kenny

Don't post if you don't know! I am just really interested in being able to use the ribbon mics I purchased last GB. When can I expect the two replacement ribbons and if they aren't going to be replaced, just tell me where to find others. Thanks.

In view of the GB topic being closed, I forgot/failed to mention that anyone that has replacement ribbons due them from the previous GB send me an E-mail with "RIBBON" in the subject header so I can cross referrence to your original previous order and prepare to ship as promised.
(this is in a thread in the DIY section)

edit: in response to Gilliland's subsequent question: post #59 in this thread https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=275506

Last edited:
I got a lot of E-mails "RIBBONS" but I made another mistake. I forgot to ask for a shipping address. Some of you might have moved. Can we try this again with "RIBBON SHIP" in the subject header? (sorry)

I got a lot of E-mails "RIBBONS" but I made another mistake. I forgot to ask for a shipping address. Some of you might have moved. Can we try this again with "RIBBON SHIP" in the subject header? (sorry)

This includes the Extra ribbons as well, correct?

i sent an email and got no response. what the heck is going on with these? i'm owed over a hundred dollars worth of shockmounts too...

My guess, based on the way Chance usually does things, is that he is probably just collecting the addresses right now and will batch them up and email everybody at once in a couple of weeks....

nope. i'm a little miffed about the lack of communication. sending an email out to a large list ain't rocket science... it's been almost two years since i payed for those effing shockmounts... wait no... almost three years! last GB was '06, right?

patience and love.... patience and love..... patience and love.....
*repeats serenity prayer 239827483 times*

nope. i'm a little miffed about the lack of communication. sending an email out to a large list ain't rocket science... it's been almost two years since i payed for those effing shockmounts... wait no... almost three years! last GB was '06, right?

'07 I believe.

Where do you get replacement ribbons from?
This is my understanding of this:
If you had a sagging ribbon from the previous group buy, (not the 2008 GB, the one before that...), Chance has said he will replace those ribbons. Replacees had to wait till all the new GB items were shipped before Chance would start to ship the replacement ribbons. He requested that you email him with your info (musicians.workshop@gte.net) and I understand that some of the replacements have begun to arrive. HTH

Paul:D

it's been almost two years since i payed for those effing shockmounts... wait no... almost three years! last GB was '06, right?

Did you get the shockmounts in the end?

zombie thread, back from the dead!

I got a couple of replacement ribbons years ago. i was suprised that they actually showed up.
Half of the stuff i bought was ok, but I don't think i'll ever do a group buy again.

Yea I was so mad about this I havent' posted for 2 years. I had this bookmarked to come back to, and here we are.

Chances not for profit group would have produced a nice profit if he stooged everyone else [not sending all the goods, not replying to PMs] like he did me.

I'd love to see those who are still waiting post up what exactly they are waiting for. I'm heading over to LA in March to work for a few months, i'd be more than happy to take a list with me and see what I can do :)

Not forgetting this one.

When all of this was going down a few years ago, here and at Prodigy Pro forum, I tried to convince people that group buys are not a good value - this pissed off folks who didn't like any rain on their parade.

Let's look at ribbon mics as one example. $79 for a Nady RSM-5 delivered in three days from the major vendors.

These misc are being sold at $79 to the end user with almost no profit margin to either Nady or Musician's Friend once shipping, import duties, distribution costs and, importantly - customer service - are figured in. One microphone manufacturer in China told me he saw Nady products being sold at retail for less than what the Chinese manufacturer charges for them!

In effect, microphones have become cheap commodity products that attract visitors to vendors' web sites where the vendor counts on the prospect buying higher profit or higher revenue-generating products.

Groups buys were a bad idea whose time has come and gone.

Last edited:
For wreckd above;
i wouldn't expect much in the way of resoulution.
Speaking for myself only, i've just decided to move on and chalk it up to experiance.

There seems to be a rising of older members popping up between this thread and THIS one talking about the same thing .............. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Back