Ramsa WM-S2

I've never used one of those Richard - but many like it for spoken word/talking head on the theater stage or podium.

Looks to be good and the one in the link said it was used on SAX ..... I think that there is someone on the threads here asking about a small microphone for SAX in just the last few days!

oops buyer beware. Houston we have a problem. I'm getting virtually no output from the mic.
i think this ones going to have to be mended. from initial tests i think theres a bad connection to the capsule because when i wiggle the cable it cracks and pops. Any ideas guys?

yep just took the capsule to pieces and the ground wires completely away and it looks like its been soldered before Badly. i made a quick diagram of the wiring and i think i can do it myself (is this advisable ?)

oops buyer beware. Houston we have a problem. I'm getting virtually no output from the mic.
i think this ones going to have to be mended. from initial tests i think theres a bad connection to the capsule because when i wiggle the cable it cracks and pops. Any ideas guys?

Personally I would have replaced the batteries first. If left in a long time they sometimes leak. I did a quick Google search on that mic and from the little I read it seems to be well regarded. Good luck with it.

i fixed it . it was a bit tricky the wires are really small . the last time i repaired anything like that was rewiring headphones. but thanks to the swivel vice and a nice hot iron its good enough for now i may still send it off and get it done better. Now for some testing, dont you just love new mic day haha

Back