Presonus Blue tube

MrGrooves

Has anybody tried the blue tube amps for presonus?...I know they might not be she shiznit, but a friend of mine owns a firestation and I tought the pre's on the unit were nice, clean and decent (probably a little better than my aardvark direct pro).
Anyway, I've seen this Ble tubes units selling very cheap on ebay. Any comments from owners?

The blue tube was my first pre amp. I found it to be so noisy I sold it 2 days later. There are many better choices out there for the same money. Just do a search on mic preamps.

I was having a problem with the blue tube being noisy as well.. at first I thought it was the AC adapter, and presonus sent me a new one 2 days later free of charge which was cool, but that wasnt the problem, so I sent in the whole unit 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the thing back.. I'm starting to get heated.

I called a a store to order a good direct box for bass and I let them talk me into a blue tube preamp instead I never heard anything special about it for bass or microphone, Sold it about a year later.

Back