Presonus Blue Tube

KingNothing

Hey guys. Im really considering buying this deal over the art tube mp, basically because of the dual channel feature. I've done a search looking for info and opinions on the Presonus pre, but havent found much, and am wondering what you guys think about this one. Thanks.

Go for it!

It's on my list (but first some decent monitors) I've heard only good things about it, and I'm anxious to hear it against the Art MP. The presonous Blue line is highly regarded for it's price/performance ratio (the Blue Max compressor was the rage until the RNC came out and blew evrything out of the water - oh yeah I need to get one of those too!). I doubt you could go wrong with the blue tube.

-jhe

Amesome. Thanks for the positive info on Presonus. I'll probably pick one up when it ships here in the next few days. (I actually just found out the Presonus has yet to ship the Blue Tube, which would explain why I cant find any reviews on it.)

They have shipped the Bluetube-I've had mine for weeks. It's the first preamp I've used so I can't compare it to others. Love the character it gives most keyboard sounds and my mics. Before I bought this my old Sony dynamic mic had barely any output, now it's much approved. The unit gets pretty darn hot and I don't plan on putting it in a rack. The controls are small because it's a half rack unit.

I'd love to hear it too, but I figure that since you get what you pay for most times, it's not going to sound much better than the ART. Obviously Presonus is challenging ART's dominance in this preamp price range. But I can get the Presonus *way* cheaper here than the ART. I could become a connoisseur of cheap preamps. :D

The BlueTube uses Sovtek 12AX7 tubes and they are in a lot of mid-priced guitar amps. Most serious guitarists always upgrade to different, more expensive tubes to achieve a 'certain' sound. However, I have a guitar amp with 7 tubes, 4 of which are Sovtek 12AX7's, and I won't change them because it sounds incredible the way it came from the factory. I chose this (BlueTube) over others in the price range because it's two channel-stereo. I think units with compressors added, such as the Tubepac, make a lot of sense.

Guitarists worship tube misinformation in a very faddish way.But that's the way we get into these arcane arguements!
Seriously,the Sovtek tubes are manufactured to military specifications (1% tolerences)and so are far SUPERIOR to most commercial tubes (6-7% tolerences).The QC is fantastic because of the military origins of the factory(they made tubes for field radios).Perhaps people think of the lousy QC of the commercial Oktavia mike folks and so want to paint all Russian goods with the same brush.
I have spent a couple of weeks looking at details of the Presonus Blue Tube and I'm going to get it also.They were apparently a NASA subcontractor so I expect their QC to be head and shoulders above the iffy reputation of ART.
Tom

Back