Plug Adapter

Orson

Does anyone know the correct name for a usb male plug to go to a 3.5mm male microphone plug?

So I need a female usb to male 3.5 male but for a mic input.

I have a new computer and a desk mic with a usb plug on it. But I think it will only work on the motherboard connection of the desktop case connection with a 3.5mm male mic plug.

I can find adapters on ebay but they appear to be for mp3 conversions in cars.

Dunno if these would be suitable?

Will that even work? It’s gotta convert the audio to digital somehow. Someone more experienced than I can answer it. I see those cables online. There’s no name for them. Just female USB to 3.5mm audio jack cable. I just don’t see how it works.

Why wouldn't the USB just be used directly? A USB output would be a digital signal, whereas a mic input on a motherboard would be an analog signal. Any converter would need to have circuitry to convert from digital to analog, and that would require power, which a normal 3.5mm mic input would not have available.

What is the model of the microphone? That might help decoding this.

Does anyone know the correct name for a usb male plug to go to a 3.5mm male microphone plug?

So I need a female usb to male 3.5 male but for a mic input.

I have a new computer and a desk mic with a usb plug on it. But I think it will only work on the motherboard connection of the desktop case connection with a 3.5mm male mic plug.

I can find adapters on ebay but they appear to be for mp3 conversions in cars.

Dunno if these would be suitable?
USB carries a digital signal, a 3.5mm plug carries an audio one. There's no "adapter" kind of plug for that. So, if you have a USB microphone with a USB-A male cable/plug, it must plug into a USB port (-A female socket), i.e., one of those things on a computer. Chances are it's also using the voltage supplied by that port to power the condenser mic.

Will that even work? It’s gotta convert the audio to digital somehow. Someone more experienced than I can answer it. I see those cables online. There’s no name for them. Just female USB to 3.5mm audio jack cable. I just don’t see how it works.

I dont know but I purchased a cheap desktop mic so I can narrate stuff on my desktop to be typed up later without having to set all my other gear up.

The mic has a usb connection but I cant get it to work. My audio connections on the motherboard are all 3.5mm jack plugs and also the case has one at the front. The instructions say nothing but use the usb....................confused.

I dont know but I purchased a cheap desktop mic so I can narrate stuff on my desktop to be typed up later without having to set all my other gear up.

The mic has a usb connection but I cant get it to work. My audio connections on the motherboard are all 3.5mm jack plugs and also the case has one at the front. The instructions say nothing but use the usb....................confused.

Just plug it into a USB slot. It has its own converter built into the mic.

Just plug it into a USB slot. It has its own converter built into the mic.

Cheers fellas. I have done it.

Windows 10. This dummy had the voice recorder app turned off so nothing was showing when the usb was plugged in. It worked ok and recorded when the app was turned back on.

Back