Phaze when recording

Noah Nelson

idk what happened but i am getting some sort of a phaze/double sound when recording! i have a bunch of new plugins and am wondering if thats why? any suggestions?

It happens when you're recording, but does it happen when you play back?
If not, you're probably hearing direct monitoring with no latency plus computer playback with latency.

A way to prove that would be to mute the audio track you're recording too and see if you can still hear yourself.

is "direct monitoring and software monitoring" a setting? and muting does work but.. not the ideal.

What do you mean, muting works?
It solves the issue and you can still hear yourself?

Without direct monitoring your audio goes from input to computer and then returns to the headphones.

Direct monitoring is sometimes controlled by hardware knobs on the interface, and sometimes by software.
It means that whatever's plugged in goes straight to the headphones and also straight to the computer.

We need to know what interface you have.

i have a scarlett 2i2 running through logic. the phaze is on while i am recording but the recording itself is not effected. when i said muting works i meant something more like "muting does not fix the problem it simply bypasses it". i've read others having problems with this as well but no answers

Back