View Poll Results: Has the "big" mic thread run its course?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • What big thread? (I didn't know it existed)

17 7.66%
  • It's getting a little old. (I know all this stuff.)

14 6.31%
  • I just found out about it. Pretty cool.

43 19.37%
  • I'm a faithful follower to the bitter end.

148 66.67%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are people still reading the "How does diaphragm size/polar pattern relate" thread?

Thanks

Arrow Are people still reading the "How does diaphragm size/polar pattern relate" thread?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Are people still reading and getting anything worthwhile from the "How does diaphragm size/polar pattern relate to mic applications?" thread?

I ask that because I see a lot of questions still being asked here that are covered in that thread. I know it's almost book size, but there's a lot of good stuff there, in "easy to read" formats. And it's free.

But maybe it's just gotten too big to be useful anymore. I'm still gonna finish it up, but this last section will be as big as the other sections that went before it. I hope the first entry of the last section has piqued everybody's interest but if it's getting boring, we can quit now and still look at it as having done some good.

Comments?

Thanks
    hey, when you get done with it, i will make your 10 or so big chunks into an html directory and maybe we can host it on the "studio construction site" that some people set up on angelfire. That way we can send newbies (i'm still really a recording newbie, but i know some stuff ) to the site there for specific questions, and we will all be able to go there for quick refreshers. Sound good?

Thanks
    That's fine with me, as long as we can include the links to some of the reference material (like the resonance patterns, etc.). And making sure that each contributor is properly credited.

Thanks
    I'm taggin' along Harvey.
    I've been reading your 'journal' off and on most of the day. So much good information.
    I'm sure the other will reply, it's the weekend and they probably have things to do. I hope you continue.

Kristian, don't forget to post the link to that studio construction site when your ready. I'm finding my room here a bit cramped now and was concidering making a room in the shop.
    Oh, yeah!
    I use to operate heavy equipment, possably I could level off the site pad at Angelfire for ya.

Thanks

link...

its been up for a while, here is the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/al3/studio/index.htm

Thanks
    I think its great and plan to re-read it pretty soon, and print it when its finished.
    My idea, when it got about half the size it is now, was to ask the moderator or Dragon to go through and delete all the useless banter, like "great thread Harv" and "damn, my eyeballs hurt" and posts like that. Leave the good questions in, and leave all the good info, just delete the useless shit. Anyone agree? Theres at least 1 whole page of stuff I DONT want to print out, probably 2 or 3.
    A few people should ask Dragon or whoever moderates this forum to do this. I will, too.
    Peace!
    Paul

Thanks
    Harvey,

I've been with the thread since day one and will follow it to the end. It is honestly difficult to say how great is is that you put yourself to the trouble of doing this.

Tubedude,

On the last page of the thread OPunWide has said that he has done something like this and given a link where to find it.

I haven't checked it out myself yet but it is there.

Peace..........ChrisO

Thanks

Thumbs up There's no doubt about it, I'm a faithful follower to the bitter end.

I just started college this last week (and I work and do homework on the weekends) so although I may not be posting right away I'm still a faithful follower of that massive thread.

I checked out Opunwide's site and it has Harvey's posts but not the questions before it.

I have been keeping a word document of all the good stuff from the get-go (which is 49 pages right now btw ) and have taken all the "uses banter" out. And now that I'm not using my Angelfire site for hosting my songs like I was going to (using Collaboration Central now) maybe I could put it up there, if anyone's interested.

-tkr

Thanks
    Thanks for the link kristian.
    much obliged.

Them votes are pouring in Harvey.

Thanks
    I'm always learning new things, and it never ceases to amaze me as to just how ignorant I am! Thanks again Harvey for your time and efforts in making this great thread!

- Wil
    "....................."
    - Marcel Marceau

Thread Information