Oktava MK-319 Mods ???

Here's a schematic that I got, I believe, from Flatpicker, who use to post here; I can't verify its accuracy.

Hey Doc,

Haven't looked at this schematics in awhile and now remember that I always thought this design has exactly the same fundamental flaw as MXL2001, 67, etc.
Upgrading to better components would not help a bit, unless you change its transformer or re-do the circuit.

Best, M

Is the transformer the wrong ratio? Curious to know.

Yes, let's put it this way--it is wrong transformer for the given circuit, or wrong circuit for the given transformer.

With the signal path caps replaced this mic cleans up really nice.

Sure it does. Russian parts a notorious for particularly bad quality, so any upgrade will clean things up. It does not however, take care of the problem in its source.

Best, M

Yes, let's put it this way--it is wrong transformer for the given circuit, or wrong circuit for the given transformer.

Sure it does. Russian parts a notorious for particularly bad quality, so any upgrade will clean things up. It does not however, take care of the problem in its source.

Best, M
Marik -
Is there an off-the-shelf transformer available that you think would correct the problem? If not, what parameters does the correct transformer need? Different lams, different impedances, different winding technique?

Thanks.

Marik -
Is there an off-the-shelf transformer available that you think would correct the problem? If not, what parameters does the correct transformer need? Different lams, different impedances, different winding technique?

Since the transformer is perfectly fine there would be much cost efficient just to rework the circuit. If you change the FET for a "better" one, keep in mind you will need to completely re-bias it.
While you are on it, also make sure to change a half @$$ bass cut circuit, if you ever gonna use it.

Best, M

Hello,
I'm looking for an MK-219 or MK-319 original capsule (same capsule) to fix my MK-219 microphone.

Some people mod this mics a lot and change the original capsule and might have a spare one to sell.

If you have one of this capsules please let me know

Thank you so much
Best regards

iL

Back