Oktava MK-219 + Bellari MP105 - $99.99!

bongolation

Speaking of the MK-219, GC has a pretty remarkable deal this month:

An Oktava MK-219 plus a Bellari (Rolls) MP105 tube preamp - $99.99!

OK, this isn't the "best" condenser microphone, nor is it the "best" preamp, but they're both serviceable units for a budget home studio and I can't imagine a better price.

Look on page 43 of the Guitar Center June flyer.

Fuck the typo. I'd take their printed add into them and hold their feet to the fire.

you could get a SP B1 or MXLv63 and an Audio Buddy for around $150 or so.......

I have one of the original 219's - with the weird trapezoidal shape and the mic clip so flimsy that it has no prayer of ever supporting the weight of the mic.

Might be a quality control issue, but I'd say this particular one is easily the worst sounding mic I ever heard. Makes a C1000 sound like a Stephen Paul modded U47 by comparison.

One of the big reasons the 219 attracted attention was because one of the producers of the Police albums raved about using them on their albums. I think it was Hugh Padgham.

littledog, I disagree, I like the 219 a lot, don't use all that much but every now and then it's just right for an LD condenser situation. Because of the grille you've got to boost a few db @ 3800khz, other then that, it's a 319.

The MK219 is a fine mic for the correct situation. For many people, it is not. I own one. It seems to work very well on hand percussion. On vocals, we try it quite a bit but have yet to find a good match with a vocalist. It is ever bit worth $99 if you go through a few at GC as the quality control at Oktava is crappy.

Oz
www.piemusic.com/music.html

I don't understand why anybody would consider using ANYTHING by Bellari... that stuff is just awful.... Behringer is a big step up from their stuff!!!

philboyd studge said:
littledog, I disagree, I like the 219 a lot, don't use all that much but every now and then it's just right for an LD condenser situation. Because of the grille you've got to boost a few db @ 3800khz, other then that, it's a 319.

We're not disagreeing. Your 219 might sound fine. I guarantee you though, you would not like the sound of mine, and you can run it through a Massive Passive or anything you like - won't matter!

Yep, they do make the occasional dud. I picked my 219 from several at GC about 5 years ago. When I got a pair of 019's I went through the 27 they had. A few didn't work at all, a few more sounded bad and the rest were good.

Ditto. There's two way's to buy these mics, and the O12's.....either pay extra and buy from the Soundroom, or go to GC on a weekday morning when no ones there and make them bring out a dozen to choose from. The only thing I would say bad about the 319 is that if you use it on a lot of tracks in one song, it tends to have a signature frequency buildup problem. This is true for many mics though, and probably any mic in this kind of price range.
Cheers, RD

I just read back over this thread. People got excited last year about maybe getting this combo for $100, and then learned it was a typo and they were really selling for $200.

Today, I saw the combo available for $58 ($29 each unit) at a GC blow out.

And they even had Sovteks in them.

Hello,
I'm looking for an MK-219 or MK-319 original capsule (same capsule) to fix my MK-219 microphone.

Some people mod this mics a lot and change the original capsule and might have a spare one to sell.

If you have one of this capsules please let me know

Thank you so much
Best regards

iL

Back