Oddball mike stories?

Don138

I own 2 Shure mikes, and they each have an odd history. The first one was used by GG Allin the first time I saw him live, and he busted it by bashing himself in the face with it, so I took it home for a souvenir. That was 20 years ago, but when I got it home my first future ex wife wouldn't let me bring it in the house. For those of you familiar with GG you understand why, I'll spare the rest the details. After it sat for a year under the porch wrapped in some stuff, I bought the thickest rubber gloves I could find, scrubbed the casing, took the guts out, found a wire that was broken, resoldered it, and voila! back in business. The other one was acquired from a taxi company, a 55sh. They used to use it for a dispatch mike, retired it, and it was sitting in a box on the driver side of the counter. This particular company was kind of jerks, scamming their drivers and other shady shit. They're out of business now. One day I was waiting to pay them their lease and they're just putzing around wasting my time to show me that they'll take my money when they get to it and I could just wait until they were damn good and ready. I saw the mike laying in a pile of junk and snagged it. Didn't even know what brand or anything it was til I got it home and cleaned the tarnish off. It works beautifully.

You divorced a woman who knew that GG Allin liked to cram mics up his butt :confused: There are probably only four or five such women in the world! :p

You divorced a woman who knew that GG Allin liked to cram mics up his butt :confused: There are probably only four or five such women in the world! :p

Lot more than that now, especially him being dead, and I've turned on (off?) a lot of chicks to him haha, been dumped by a few for it too, triple haha, good times. Heck led me to Antiseen, who introduce (literally) me to Rancid Vat, which let me record a single from Italy, be on a Hank Sr. tribute from Germany, recorded an album with them, played Nawlins, Vegas (with no less than Sammy from Fang's band, Resisteleros, Jeff Dahl and others, with a few other shows in between, so I'm probably one of 4 or 5 people who are better off for having met GG heh. BIG FUN!!!

Back