No audio from blue yeti pro mic (Mac)

Krystal Lake

Hey everyone if you could help or share info that would be amazing.
My Blue Yeti Pro doesn't work, there's no audio coming from the headphone and the audio output signals aren't recognized by my mac computer.
I have it configured correctly in Audio Midi Setup and Sound System Preferences (input / output) so I'm not sure what to do anymore.
When I plug it into my laptop I hear sound from my headphones from 1/2 second and then it goes back to nothing.

From my knowledge theres only driver updates for Windows because Mac doesnt need it.
This Mic used to work before I'm not sure why it's failing me now.

Here is a video of my mic:

youtu.be/vCil7Bg4nC8

If you plug the headphones into the MacBook and set the output device to the Headphone Port, does it behave the same way, i.e., works briefly and then quits?

P.S. [Edit] You should also try the reverse, like setting the mic to the built-in and use the Yeti for output, and see how that behaves. It might tell you whether both in/out of the Yeti were broken at the same time, and maybe suggest either that device has failed or a USB port problem. So, if it seems they both fail consistently at the same time, try a different USB powered device on that port, and if you're running on battery, also do the same tests plugged in. If the MacBook has more than one port, try the same thing on a different port.

Last edited:
Back