New Mic around 400$

Nakken

Hi!
I want to get a new mic, but what?
I use RØDE NT-1A for now, but want to advance..
Iv'e been looking at the Sennheiser MK4, anybody have a review on it?
I don't want to go over 400$, do i get a god mic for Vocals for that price?
Thanks

The Sennheiser MK4 is getting some very good reviews around the place, I would give it a try. I don't have one yet but it's on the to get list.

Alan.

Hi!
I want to get a new mic, but what?
I use RØDE NT-1A for now, but want to advance..
Iv'e been looking at the Sennheiser MK4, anybody have a review on it?
I don't want to go over 400$, do i get a god mic for Vocals for that price?
Thanks

Yes Nakken. It is a microphone worthy of a GOD! And those are the facts..

Sup man! I started off with an MXL v67g (about the same quality as the Rode you have) but then 2 months ago I bought the Sennheiser MK4 you're looking at. Needless to say, I was floored with the upgrade :D I'd definitely recommend it!! Soooo awesome :)

I have an Audio Technica AT4033(no longer made but AT has an upgrade to this mic) It's retail is about $495.00 but try musicians friend.This mic requires 48 v phantom power.It is Fantastic on just about everything from drums to vocals to flat top guitars.You do have to place a round windscreen in front of it for vocals.The mic comes with a shock mount and you can change the pickup pattern via a switch on the side.Musicians Friend has the AT4040 for $299.00 which is suppose to be the update to my 4033.I haven't found anything I can't use this mic on except of course PA.It is strictly a recording mic

Actually the 4040 is flatter than the 4033. They're different sounding mics. Audio Technica still makes them although I believe it was discontinued for a short time after the 4040 was introduced. Both mics are cardioid only - you can't change the patterns.

Can't see why it couldn't be used on a stage either.

The 4033 is popular for Norwegian bluegrass.

You may be right about the pattern not being able to be changed.I know the mic has a switch on the side.Mine is currently in storage in it's origional box.The awitch may be a bass roll off switch.At any rate,for the money,the mic can't be beat.

Another fellow nordmann! Too bad I moved from Bergen a year ago, we could have hooked up for some gear comparisons and general audiogeek-chitchat :D

Seeing that you want a new LDC I can't really help you as I'm currently using an SE2200a which would probably be a downgrade from an NT-1.

Been looking at the Miktek CV4 myself lately.

PS I guess you're also a bit irritated by how they write "Røde" and your norwegian mind tells you to read the Ø like it is supposed to sound, making it mean Red plural. I know a while back I was sure Røde was a norwegian company.

Back