Need help identifying a mic

Can't seem to find it.

You have 5 post now you may be able to put up a solid link. IDK maybe you need 10 post to do that. :confused:

AKG C214 maybe? But who cares? It's just a prop in a video shot after the fact. You don't actually believe you're watching the recording process in that video, do you?

Yeah, it looks like she's using an AKG C214, the piano player is using a dented Shure SM58, and the acoustic and percussion looks like Shure KSM44, and given their apparent budget, and the "behind the scenes" video, those probably are the mics that were used. They just weren't being used during the filming, except as props. It's a pretty good mix- I doubt they did it themselves.

I wanna say that is a 214 as well but in the few fast side views ... it looks to rounded to be a 214 :confused:

I was thinking maybe an AT model. Maybe.

Here's a shot of the backside of my C214 from a similar angle for comparison.....

Do any of the C414's have a black backside?

I see that your all over those quick releases there, Arcaxis. :thumbs up:

I have those on all of my LDC and tube microphone clips.

Yes! That and you don't have to worry about ruining the threads of an expensive clip taking it off and putting it back on the stand over and over.

They have them at GC for about $5. each.

Yes! That and you don't have to worry about ruining the threads of an expensive clip taking it off and putting it back on the stand over and over.

They have them at GC for about $5. each.

Good point- especially on AKG shock mounts with plastic threads. I use one of those quick releases on my original Shure 55 (circa 1943), because the mic has nonstandard threads, so I screwed a quick release into it with plumber's thread tape. What the hell? It works.

Back