Thread: Need Help

Thanks

Need Help

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey! I require some assistance and would deeply appreciate any help. I recently bought a a NT1A Microphone and a UX2 audio interface. Here's the problem I downloaded all the drivers and set up the mic, but all it captures is heavy static no voices. I've tried on multiple DAWS, as well as multiple computers, nothing seems to work. I've even bought a new XLR cable. If anybody has been through this it'd be awesome to hear how y'all fixed it. Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks
    Do you have phantom power on for the microphone. It requires Phantom power either from the Audio interface, or a separate phantom power supply. Also make sure the DAW in preferences, or wherever you need to look , make sure the UX2 is chosen for the input and output. When you bring up an audio channel you might have to make sure it's input is selected to whatever input channel you are using on the using.

Thanks
    I suspect since you have the UX2 (guitar oriented interface) you may have a guitar or similar instrument(?). If you do have a guitar, have you been able to record it and just the mic doesn't work?

Condenser microphones are sensitive to moisture on the capsules and may work partially with static sounding noise or may only have noise. Are you in a region or room where the air is humid/damp? If you think the mic may have been exposed to dampness, place the mic in a plastic ziplock bag with some desiccant packets for a day or two as in the image below. The desiccant will draw any moisture out of the mic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails damp-mic-jpg  
    Mark.......

Thanks
    The Mic w/ Phantom and the Line 6 software should work fine. Its a USB powered mic preamp thats really weak on its own but you should hear something, especially with a LDC. Measure the Phantom VDC?

Might try another Microphone....have any SM58's laying around? this would exclude needing the phantom power, but you might have to crank the preamp to 100%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails line-6-ux2-png  

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thread Information