Mystery

Temporal

Hello

Looks familiar?

Brand, model?

Please inform me if you have seen such a capsule.

Regards.

Attachments

• Mystery.jpg
    Mystery.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Ok, is that a blowup of a weird looking pencil eraser? The other two things look like rock guards for a paint sprayer pump.

Are you sure that is a mic?

jake-owa said:
Ok, is that a blowup of a weird looking pencil eraser? The other two things look like rock guards for a paint sprayer pump.

Are you sure that is a mic?

It kind of looks like the cheap condenser elements I've seen soldered onto a PCB inside a laptop or a portable cassette recorder or something.... Can't place it, though. Oh, and most of the PCB mics I've seen have a foam cover, so they may not be related.

Care to give us a little context?

Uh, I thought the pencil was there as a clue...L-i-i-i-i-i-i-ke maybe eraser protectors? I have two young kids around the house and if I don't watch MY erasers, well...

That's a really good idea Temporal, pencil eraser protectors...The geeks at the acounting academy where my wife goes will make you rich!!

Oh, almost forgot... :D

Eric

Well

These are two electret microphone elements that I found at a local store. I bought them due to their unusual look (large holes, wire screen instead of felt) but they have no package, label, model number etc. Thus I have no idea about their audio charasteristics.

They more or less sound like pana wm-61s. Less bassy more open mid and highs. Since I dont have test equipment all I can say is this.

After a pretty long googling the only ones I found similar is here:

http://jlielectronics.com/transsoun...ets/tsb-99a.htm

They look alike but not the same. Mine has a larger front hole (which is mentioned as important elsewhere*) and doesn't have back holes (so at least I may guess that they'r not unidirectional).

* http://www.solorb.com/dat-heads/digests/V1.400/D488
"...a Helmholtz resonator is formed by the hole..."

Ah and yes ereaser is for scaling : )

Back