My new microphone lust.

moresound

Loud Sun Studios
"The Myrtle". From Ear Trumpet Labs.

Give it a google and get back to me with salivating mouth and wide eyed excitement.

eartrumpetlabs.com

Couldn't they have named it something...anything...else?

My great aunt Myrtle was truly disgusting.

looks like it came from the 1920's.

so apparently trumpet ear labs has mics named: Edwina, Chantelle, Myrtle, Louise, and Edna. Someone was looking through family photos when thinking of names for their mics?

Just having the Myrtle set up for vocals in any studio will draw the ooooo's and the aaaaaa's out of any artist.
It's now at the top of my next microphone purchase list.

Am on an iPod right now.
Can someone post a picture of the Myrtle and possibly their other selections?

MYRTLE: Medium-diaphragm condenser microphone with spring-suspended retro styling. Ideal for live vocal performance use.
MyrtleThreequarters2-313x500.jpg

EDWINA: Large-diaphragm condenser microphone in a bold industrial pivoting mount for maximum flexibility. Tuned for live vocals in demanding stage settings; smooth sound excels at all kinds of studio duties.
dramaticthreequarter-333x500.jpg

CHANTELLE:End-address large-diaphragm condenser with flexible pivoting body, excellent for live vocals and acoustic instruments.
sidebent-341x500.jpg

LOUISE: Large-diaphragm condenser microphone spring-suspended in a pivoting slim chrome ring. Tuned for live performance use.
LouiseFront-338x500.jpg

EDNA: Retro-industrial side-address small diaphragm condenser microphone. Effective for live or studio use for acoustic instruments or vocals.
2default-400x400.jpg

JOSEPHINE: Large-diaphragm condenser microphone spring-suspended in an elegant copper ring. Tuned for live performance use.
JosephineThreequarters2-333x500.jpg

HELGA: Large-diaphragm condenser microphone spring-suspended in a 5-hole bicycle chain ring. Custom, one-of a-kind design
frontal-375x500.jpg

DOREEN: Large-diaphragm condenser microphone uniquely spring-suspended in a bicycle chain ring. Unique, custom design.
frontal1-338x500.jpg

"The Myrtle". From Ear Trumpet Labs.

Give it a google and get back to me with salivating mouth and wide eyed excitement.

eartrumpetlabs.com

You should check out the new Cascade Knucklehead ribbon mic....available with an antique copper finish option, and 3 trannies to pick from.
Looks wise, it's kinda' similar to the Myrtle....but it's a "Knucklehead" (a manly mic name)....and not a "Myrtle". :D

cooperknuck[1].jpg

Uhh, yeah, but wondering about the metal spring suspension - would think it transmits vibrations/sound pretty easily.

Back