My microphone gets a low volume when i turn my headphones (with poweramp) on.

To be honest, yes, we're saying exactly that. I doubt very much if you would detect any difference, and it's a rather expensive device for what it does. Their target market is not really studio quality, or studio facilities.

It might be worth mentioning since Audacity was noted in one of the posts, that Audacity can not use ASIO interface drivers due to licensing restrictions by Steinberg. I don't know if the Focusrite drivers are ASIO based, but if those drivers do not work that may be the reason. The Focusrite however may function OK with what is supplied in the OS of your computer. Most other DAW software will work with ASIO drivers.

Hi guys,

Just want to update you all,that everything is working fine now. With the soundblaster it gave again issues so i removed it and plugged everything in on the solo. Only issue now is that my bass level is way too high,but that will just take some time since im pretty sure there might be a option to change it somewhere in the software of focusrite.

I wanna thank all of you who reacted on this post.

Glad to hear it!! As for the bass problem.......I'm pretty sure you can EQ in Audacity to likely fix your issue. While you're at it.......play around with the EQ......it may be a high bass level for sure........but it could also be a number of other frequency issues. I bet you'll be VERY happy with the result once you get a little learning under your belt.

Have fun!!

Mick

Hi guys,

Just want to update you all,that everything is working fine now. With the soundblaster it gave again issues so i removed it and plugged everything in on the solo. Only issue now is that my bass level is way too high,but that will just take some time since im pretty sure there might be a option to change it somewhere in the software of focusrite.

I wanna thank all of you who reacted on this post.
If it's a pronounced 'bass' when speaking into the mic, try backing away from the mic a bit. There's a thing called 'proximity effect' where the closer you are to a mic, the more the low frequency response will be emphasized. Some people use this effect purposely to get a deep, warm sounding radio voice. Most directional mics such as your cardioid pattern AT2020 will exhibit proximity effect in differing amounts. Omni mics will not have it.

Ive got the AT2035 btw,i thought i had the AT2020. But the bass issue is a headphone issue,my microphone is working great now. When im playing a video game the bass is overruling the other sounds

If you're using Windows, go into the Sound Control Panel and make sure you have ENHANCEMENTS turned off. There are all kinds of things there that can screw up the sound. If Equalization is active, turn it off. Sometimes its set for Bass or to simulate a club environment. Some people don't even know that its turned on.

Assuming you’re still using your Focusrite Solo with Audacity as your DAW..........that should override your pc sound card. Its possible that a windows setting is not affecting your sound. As I recall......you’re using HD700 headphones right? Those are not bass heavy so the problem is somewhere else. As was already pointed out.........proximity effect could easily be your problem.

Back