My latest recording

Prism

This morning I helped a flutist friend record a demo tape (in hoping that she can get some kind of college scholarship)... I used two cheap optimus (radio shack) condenser mics on the piano, and an AT3525 on the flute. I added a touch of reverb from my Behringer Virtualizer Pro. Have a listen at

(encoded at 192kbps)

Isaiah

I don't care what the working class says about you pipe smoking pretty boys in goofy hats! Maybe Ivy-leaguers have a place in music after all! :D

Seriously, great sound. I saw (heard) a tremendous difference when I went from a RS to a 58 mic. You will too.

BTW- checked out your website. My wife wants to adopt you (I don't!).
We both thought your artwork was very cool.
Don't stop short of your scholastic targets/goals.

Good luck and dream big.

You caught the flute just fine... but that piano is pretty harsh-sounding.............

Very nice job overall though..........

Bruce

I think I messed up... I should have known better than to download a cheap MP3 encoder...it appears that it only encoded half of the darn song. (it's supposed to be over 5 minutes long)
I used kind of a random and unconventional miking technique for the piano, but it seemed to work alright. The RS mics indeed tend to be a bit harsh on piano (wish I had some 603s's) and I did cut some of the midrange to help that...it also helped bring out the flute better. I think I forgot to mention that I recorded it on my Tascam 688...and the room was a recital hall with a very interesting acoustic architecture...we found a sweet spot for the flute right in front of one of the curved walls facing the seating area...so far it's the best flute sound I've ever captured.
I'm pleased to hear that everyone liked it. It's been over a year since I did any music recording, so it feels good to get back into it...I think I've learned a lot since then.

Isaiah

Back