MXL NAMM announcements

Middleman

Professional Amateur
Well, the MXL 990 threads will soon be a thing of the past, I hope. This mic is being replaced by the 770. New capsule according to the guy at the show.

There will also be a MXL 2006 mic and a new line, Silicon based mic, which is a non tube version of the V69 around $100 less. Supposedly they sound similar.

Hey thanks for the links... I read the first one and I'm going back to read the Electronic Musician one right now... kool, and thanks again.

So many interesting things going on at NAMM, and you guys are worrying about the latest cheapo Chinese piece 'o crap du jor.

Hey chessrock, checkout the new Earthworks... we just got the new Earthworks drum kit mic system in our studio this week... man, they sound great so far.

It's called P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S

yo chessman...it's called progress (remember when a Mercedes was better built than a Toyota?...)

DJL said:
Hey chessrock, checkout the new Earthworks... we just got the new Earthworks drum kit mic system in our studio this week... man, they sound great so far.

I'd love to hear their new monitors ... as silly as they look.

chessrock said:
So many interesting things going on at NAMM, and you guys are worrying about the latest cheapo Chinese piece 'o crap du jor.

Well, I did not just hang around MXL. This report was for the mic forum here, if you want to read a fuller report of my exploits go here. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=022846

Near the bottom.

Saw the Earthworks stuff at the show. I think the set is around $1000.

For the disbelievers...

Chessrock said:
"Hmm. I just thought it was called marketing."

...no that's PROGRESS...marketing is what you do on your website...

Back