Mics for under $100 - that just may work for you.

Good to know mate, also picked up a 10 pack of the GLS cables, xlr to xlr, 25 feet, 80 bones man. You'd likely pay more to make them yourself.

Good question, no idea, how could I tell?

They came in yesterday right before work, just pulled one out of the carton for closer inspection. I've definitely seen thicker cable on an xlr cord. Just says GLS professional series noise free on the wrap. Don't see how you would remove the connectors. Wrap feels like neoprene, connectors are solid feeling. I'd say they're pretty light duty, but then I wasn't planing on driving the car over them. They're 8 bucks each man. To get a studio up and running an easy way to go. If you're expecting the world at 8 bones a throw, well, you'll be disappointed.

They're better than you'd expect for the price.

Hello everyone,
I'm posting for the first time here but I've been reading this forum alot lately an I have learned so much from you guys. I have a question that has probably been asked a million times before.

I'm getting into home recodring and got my self a TC electronic desktop konekt 6 audio interface. Now I want to buy my first microphone. I'm playing rock music, modern rock, blues and some jazz. I have a pretty deep voice and I also want to record my acoustic guitar. The room that I record in is small and isn't acoustically treated but it seems pretty quiet and reverbless. So.. I need a veratile mic - should I get a dynamic one like the Shure sm57 or a large diaphragm condenser (been thinking of: Studio Projects B1, Audio Tecnica AT2020, MXL V67g, MXL 9090 and a lot of others). Didn't want to start a new thread because I'm new here. And of course it should be a $100 mic.

So what do you guys think what should I get - a dynamic or a condenser? Wich model? Thanks..

...the GLS mics are no joke...very similar to the Shure mics but with a bit higher output and more proximity effect...great gigging mics...best $30 mic (new) you'll find IMHO... ;)

Sent a 57 and 58 to my brother in Canada. Got another 2 57's for me. So far 6 of these mics have been through my house, all consistent in their high quality.

Sent a 57 and 58 to my brother in Canada. Got another 2 57's for me. So far 6 of these mics have been through my house, all consistent in their high quality.

Got them today San !
They are very good mics. for the price.
I used the 57 on the guitar setting it away from the sound hole and it picked up the rich tones of the guitar nicely.
The 58 is very good as a vocal mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td0JjeEZvfo

Good to see ya joined mah san, lots of good info here. Glad you like the mics, I was surprised by their quality. That price aint likely to last, or the quality will drop.

Hi there!
Is it worth paying additional money for bright/warm switch button in MXL v67i version?
Moreover, is this mic proper for live events?

Cheers!

Hi there!
Is it worth paying additional money for bright/warm switch button in MXL v67i version?
Moreover, is this mic proper for live events?
The bright side was a little too bright for my taste. I'd stay with the straight V67g. For live events, it would probably work okay - as long as you use a foam windscreen, and have phantom power available.

Newbie here,
I am planning on buying two microphones (a dynamic and condenser); SM57 and Studio Projects B1. Hopefully, it will do for a Rhythm and Blues as well as Jazz like vocal. Is there anyone that has the same genre as I that experience several good microphones? And if so, what is the best for this type of genre?

How is the quality of the cords where the cable meets the XLR connector?

:cool:

I have one of these GLS cables and I grab it all the time because it's 5 feet longer. I use it for live gigs, field recording, and in the studio. They hold up good. This cable has never given me any trouble. I would buy more of them if I needed any xlr cables.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

Looking to get a microphone specifically for rap. Been lookin around, what's everyones take on the Apex 440 for 100$ or less.

I love my SP C1, so if the B models are anything close I would say go for it. You can probably get a C1 used for around 130 or so. I'm really impressed with the Studio Projects stuff.

Me personally i think MXL is the best route to go for a cheap price but descent quality but rather then the MXL 603 or the V67g i would go with the MXL 990 Ive i currently own one as a back up mic in case my AT2020 gives out I used to record with the MXL 990 before i purchased the AT2020 and i think it is good quality for the price!

Back