mics from pakistan?

dazza91

Hey all,

Just wondering if there are any companies that people know about who manufacture their mics in pakistan? Had a decent search but struggling to find any.

Next thing is that the studio will be rung up late at night from a Pakistan call centre trying to sell me microphones, I suppose it will make a change from the Indian call centre wanting to sell me a phone deal or a holiday in some place or other.

Alan.

Better watch out. If the Indians find out you are negotiating with Pakistan, they will sell your account to the Turks.

If the Pakis find out you are dealing with India, they will smile as they tell the Tally Band to blow up your preferred shipper.

The biggest lieing a$$ POS I've ever met in my life was from Pakistan, getting a grad degree on a free ride at the university.......so my dollar goes to China before it goes to the Tally Band.....I mean the Pakis...... I mean the CIA......I mean......who are they today? I lose track.....

Lulz. Branding an entire culture based on one person. How very uhmerikan of you

Better watch out. If the Indians find out you are negotiating with Pakistan, they will sell your account to the Turks.

If the Pakis find out you are dealing with India, they will smile as they tell the Tally Band to blow up your preferred shipper.

The biggest lieing a$$ POS I've ever met in my life was from Pakistan, getting a grad degree on a free ride at the university.......so my dollar goes to China before it goes to the Tally Band.....I mean the Pakis...... I mean the CIA......I mean......who are they today? I lose track.....

Lulz. Branding an entire culture based on one person. How very uhmerikan of you

One minute your talking about mics, the next your on race issues.

Not all Pakistanis are liars and not all Americans are idiots (just the ones on tv).

Can't you just buy some on Ebay Dazza? Import them yourself.

Hey all,

Just wondering if there are any companies that people know about who manufacture their mics in pakistan? Had a decent search but struggling to find any.

I've lived in Pakistan. There are none. If you do find some, they're probably fake. We get a lot of fake Shure mics down here, "brand new" SM57s and 58s mostly, selling for around $30-40 . Why would you want to buy anything form there though ? They make some great sports equipment but musical instruments, hell no. I move between the US and Pakistan, and most of my stuff is from the US. You can find plenty old decent used equipment smuggled from surrounding countries in the north, but that's a whole other story.

I've lived in Pakistan. There are none. If you do find some, they're probably fake. We get a lot of fake Shure mics down here, "brand new" SM57s and 58s mostly, selling for around $30-40 . Why would you want to buy anything form there though ? They make some great sports equipment but musical instruments, hell no. I move between the US and Pakistan, and most of my stuff is from the US. You can find plenty old decent used equipment smuggled from surrounding countries in the north, but that's a whole other story.

Sounds like the perfect place to set up a studio then.

Every dollar you and I send to Pakistan (it is, after all, your money and my money that is going over there) ends up in the hands of the Tally Band. Every time we tell them where we are aiming our squirt guns, the targets mysteriously vanish a few hours before we get there. So, the one time the USA refuses to tell the Paki govt what we are up to, #1 Most Wanted Osama bin Smokin ends up with a bullet in his head. Looks like the feds also have reason to not believe anybody they deal with in Pakistan is honest. I was thinking I was the only one. But the one guy I got burned by in my town is, of course, the only lieing a$$ Paki on the planet. Good point.

So tell me again why we are tempted to buy microphones made in Pakistan?

Sounds like the perfect place to set up a studio then.

My thoughts exactly. But once you see the jackasses running 'studios' here you might be put off for life. I had some guy with a UX2 and squares of foam plastered on his walls tell me to quit trying to record drums live, it's a thing of the past. Supposedly "all the pros are using MIDI now" :laughings:

:laughings: Did you tell him that the 80's were over?

One thing that I've always noticed when traveling is that trends are very dated from country to country. Except for hubs such as Hong Kong and the like.

Yeah i am looking at importing form there, as i have a few useful contacts that i can use. Was just wondering if there might already be a factory producing gear for another company, as it would mean they are already set up for that kind of work. Either way my contact reckons there are a lot of places that make decent electronic stuff, so its all a matter of sourcing a factory that has decent work and basically modding them with better parts, similar to what guys are doing with the chinese stuff. However it will be cheaper cause your not buying shit parts then buying good ones to swap them with.

:laughings: Did you tell him that the 80's were over?

One thing that I've always noticed when traveling is that trends are very dated from country to country. Except for hubs such as Hong Kong and the like.

The other aspects of audio recording aren't dated though. People will use some killer sound cards, very nice guitars, and absolutely fantastic mics, which you would probably even appreciate. But foam, programed drums, and vocal booths are unfortunately going pretty strong. Ah well, you win some, you lose some...:rolleyes:

Yeah i am looking at importing form there, as i have a few useful contacts that i can use. Was just wondering if there might already be a factory producing gear for another company, as it would mean they are already set up for that kind of work. Either way my contact reckons there are a lot of places that make decent electronic stuff, so its all a matter of sourcing a factory that has decent work and basically modding them with better parts, similar to what guys are doing with the chinese stuff. However it will be cheaper cause your not buying shit parts then buying good ones to swap them with.

In all my years, I have never heard of anyone making mics locally. I am sure there is an industry, but they make knock offs and fakes, which are flooding the market. Even if you did manage to get someone to make mics for you, who do you plan on selling to? Everyone I know here who is serious about music, gets their stuff from abroad (including me, though I'm probably not too serious :p), and the people who don't know any better can buy a "brand new original SM57" for $30.

You can import Rolexs, Bolexs, Nikes, Mikes, Addidas, Abbibas, Rebbok, and Reddok too while you're at it. Lots of good quality stuff.

Nah i'm not selling them locally in Pakistan im bringing them to aus to sell.

Hay dazza, RING! RING! me "Hello" reply "Hello, can I speak to the business owner please?" me "I don't want to buy anything" reply "we are not selling anything" me "ok what do you want" reply "we have a good deal for mobile phone" me "so that's not selling me anything? goodbye" hang up....ring ring

Just kidding, where in Perth are you? click below on my link and you will figure out who I am.

Cheers
alan.

Hey Alan,

Just visited your link, realize who you were.
My names Darian, and i was in there when you recorded the stuff for GNASH.

Back