Microphone problem please help!

Klipeti

Hi

I made a account here because I can't find help anywhere else.

I have had microphone problems for about a year.
When I touch computer case the noise isnt so bad but still exits, and when I move microphone in some positions the noise changes little bit. Time to time it was so bad that mic didn't pick my voice at all. Sometimes it was like helicopter...

I have tried using earphones as mic, using my mic directly in back of computer and in front panel.
With earphones it isnt so bad, but they aren't supposed to be used as mic. Also, my microphone/headset works fine with my phone so the fault is somewhere in computer. I have tried to use my motherboards own sound card and removed Xonar DGX, but problems is also in there.
I should have grounded computer. When I touch computer case with hand and move mic to specific position the sound is almost gone.

Here is a link to quick recording, the mic boost is off: Vocaroo | Voice message
In the record I don't talk, it is just "empty" Windows sound recorder. I move around a little bit, and when the noise goes down I have my hand on computer case.

I didn't have this problem few years ago, everything worked perfectly.

My setup:
M5A87 mobo
Asus Xonar DGX with UniXonar drivers
Logitech stereo system
QPAD-QH90 headset with mic
Win 8.1 x64

Well, soundcard and mic are cheap because I'm not audio / microphone enthusiast, I'm a poor student... I appreciate your answer, but it ain't an answer I'm looking for.

I now tried to figure if the GPU is causing the trouble -> I ran Furmark while listening to mic, but noise didn't change. Does this mean that the guilty one is PSU (XFX 450W 80+ Bronze) ?

Tomorrow I'll get to try my friend's USB headset in my computer, so I can see if the noise is also in USB mic.

Back