Microphone Preamp

DigitalDon

Looking for mic preamp recommendations for my CAD Equitek C100 condensor mic (phantom power required). Mic will be used primarily for male vocal. Rackmount preferred. Price around $150 U.S. Is the dbx 286 dual preamp/compressor all-in-one box worth anything?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn!!

Sorry DigitalDon, this topic has been hashed over too many times. Please take a look through previous posts. You probably only need to search back about 60 days to get a whole slew of opinions.

About dbx. I don't care for their stuff at all. Maybe look at the ART TubePac as a better alternative.

Ed

Sonusman
Sorry for the yawn. I was looking for a "quick" response due to an e-bay auction. Still, no excuse for laziness. Yes I've seen good comments on Art gear and was already looking into it.

Hey, no need to apologize to me, I was just having some fun with the yawn. But, seeing as you are new on here you really had no way of knowing.

But, the topic has come up way too many times. As you can see from the fact that nobody responded all day to it that it is worn out.... :) Or, everyone is out getting drunk today for post St.Patricks day parties or something.....Probably that judging from the jokers around here.... :D

Ed

Sonusman
Ordered an ART Tube MP preamp from Musicians Friend this weekend. Thanks for the advice. It meets all the specs I was looking for.

Will be using it with the CAD mic and a 424MkII until I get my digital system completed (if ever).

Back