Microphone Fuzz

brycerific

I've had this problem for almost ten years of using mics I get the same exact same fuzz on an mxl 990, blue spark, and at831b. I've used several different computers and even in two different houses.

I've used multiple set ups the one with this clip the at831b (which I bought thinking I could keep it farther away from my computer fan and that would help) using an art pro channel to a focusrite solo. I even put the low cut at the max 250hz on the preamp to try to make it sound better. I've tried using noise gates however either the fuzz still exists if I keep it high enough or my voice sounds so low I can't edit it for vocals or for talking on youtube cause when I raise the volume back up the noise comes back. My ac is on sometimes however this happens regardless and any time of year under every circumstance Ive tried.

I can't post a soundcloud clip with the fuzz example cause I am new here. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

You can post the part of the URL that comes after the domain name and we can paste it onto SC and browse to it.

Like [MENTION=196554]Gtoboy[/MENTION], I'd like to hear a recording without the ART.

Are you using the AT831b with battery power or phantom? Same problem either way?

As suggested above, try without the ART first, then...

- Is the "Line Out" of the ART Pro Channel connected to the "Line In" of the Focusrite Solo with an XLR to 1/4" TRS cable?
- Try the COMP & EQ stages 'bypassed" on the ART and are you fairly confident you have the gain and levels set properly for the ART to the Solo (gain staging)?

Back