Which mic should i buy?

Ok my bad i didnt cleared out one thing. I am an amateur at home recording and my expectations aint high... So as i said i want a mic under 100 euro that doesnt suck. I know that the best choice is to save up for something more expensive but i would prefer to buy it before christmas... If you think there is no chance that i can be pleased with a "cheap" mic then ok i ll save up...

You say your "expectations aren't high", but then again you want a mic that "doesn't suck".

People with high expectations buy $5000 dollar Neumann mics. Most of us here can't afford those, we save our pennies for mics "that don't suck".

If you want the cheap route get a Somsan CO3, I hear they are OK-ish, but you will be frustrated with it within 6 months. We're trying to save you the trouble and... money.

Listen to Moresound, you won't regret it.

I didnt know that you cant buy a mic under 100 euro that doesnt suck thats why i came here! Since everyone tells me to save up for something more expensive - better then thats what i ll do! :) But how much do you think i should spend for a decent condenser mic that doesnt suck for amateur home recording? If its around 5000$ there is no way i can afford it... if its around 300$ then we re fine!

Anyway,
Thanks for your help everybody! :D

I didnt know that you cant buy a mic under 100 euro that doesnt suck thats why i came here! Since everyone tells me to save up for something more expensive - better then thats what i ll do! :) But how much do you think i should spend for a decent condenser mic that doesnt suck for amateur home recording? If its around 5000$ there is no way i can afford it... if its around 300$ then we re fine!

Anyway,
Thanks for your help everybody! :D

You should be able to get something really nice for around $300, buying used is a good idea too.

Buying under $100, $150 isn't really a great idea. Once you cross the $250, $300 barrier, that's when you'll get some decent equipment that will satisfy all your vocal recording needs for some tome to come. I'm talking both new and used. Try the RODE NT 1000, SE2200A if you want new. You'll have a lot more options in second hand, a lot have already been mentioned in this thread.

Ok thank you guys :) Maybe i ll come back here after 2-3 months when i ll be able to spend a bit more money to aks for your suggestions again :)

Back