Mic shootout I did. Joly Modded Oktava MK-319 vs Pearlman TM-47 vs Lauten Atlantis

In 'omni' the proximity effect would be less pronounced. I don't know why you would want to be 'on the mic' in omni. But in this case it seems to have produced the best effect. Good luck and have fun!

I'll mess around with it some more. Thanks!

the first 5 seconds has a distortion p-popp overload, or something really odd going on...like you are waay too close to the mic.

its not always there, but during many passages its as if the mic capsules are overloading.

the Omni has the least of it.....and the majority of it sounds great, it seems to be in the initial parts of vocal sections, as if you have more energy/wind be exerted....

your vocal reminds me of very powerful type singers, who in a studio might benefit from a Sinatra type setup where the mic U47 is further away , lead singer of Foreigner, Celein Dion

the majority of it sounds 100% no problem.... but fixing problems is the whole point of improving right?

interesting sound samples.

Microphone placement: acoustic concepts - Biamp Systems

Last edited:
the first 5 seconds has a distortion p-popp overload, or something really odd going on...like you are waay too close to the mic.

its not always there, but during many passages its as if the mic capsules are overloading.

the Omni has the least of it.....and the majority of it sounds great, it seems to be in the initial parts of vocal sections, as if you have more energy/wind be exerted....

your vocal reminds me of very powerful type singers, who in a studio might benefit from a Sinatra type setup where the mic U47 is further away , lead singer of Foreigner, Celein Dion

the majority of it sounds 100% no problem.... but fixing problems is the whole point of improving right?

interesting sound samples.

Microphone placement: acoustic concepts - Biamp Systems
Yes the Okava really needs that pop filter. I didn't use it on any of the mics since it couldn't fit around the huge Atlantis and I wanted equal variables here. The beginning is very breathy so it really needs that filter.

Back