Mic Recommendations

dsealer

I'm sure this has been kicked around many, many times but I'm going to kick it one more time.
I've got a couple of good large condenser mics for recording but I was wondering about dynamic mics and what recommendations there are for recording vocals.
I have some sm 57's as well as a couple of senheiser 421's and then some cheaper mics.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,

You seem to haver the bases covered. Reverse the question. What problems are you having with these mics recording vocals? 57s and 421s cover the main differences. So why do you want to record vocals with dynamics, and the 421 in particular is tonally quite dark, so I'm stuck with your train of thought.

The 3 most obvious IMHO would be the SM58, the SM7 and the RE20. For different vocal sound you might look at some large ribbon mics.

A while back I was wondering the same thing. Was there a mic I could add that truly was different and good? I heard a live band using Sennheiser e935 mics and they sounded great. Like a more refined sm58 IMO. I bought one for recording and for live gigs and I really love the thing. Certainly worth it.

Back