• AKG D112

Votes: 134 40.9%
  • Sennheiser e602

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • Shure Beta52

Votes: 108 32.9%

• Total voters
Oh hey there everybody! :D

Glad to hear you guys' opinions! Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm not normally one for mics that color the sound a lot, but I think I might make an exception for the D6! It's the sound I'm going for anyways. :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:D

What would you recommend? ;)

:D

What would you recommend? ;)

I don't knooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorry man. my ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
seams tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo get stuck frooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom time toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo time.

Haven't yooooooooooooooooooooooou nooooooooooticed that mooooost ooooooof my poooooooooooooost have nooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo's in them?

:laughings: Now that was fun! :laughings:

What are you to do for a type of music?

You might want to go with something more usable when it comes to be using that microphone on other sources!

I would go for the EV RE20 and but dang glad that I did. ;)

I'm definitely a rooooooooooooooooock guy! You dooooooooooooooooooooo bring up a goooooooooooooooooood point about the multiple uses thing!

I'm definitely a rooooooooooooooooock guy! You dooooooooooooooooooooo bring up a goooooooooooooooooood point about the multiple uses thing!

You eating PB&J sandwiches tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!?!

Just set your self free and get the EV RE20. ;) Or it's new brother ..... I started a thread about it a month or so ago under the microphone forum called EV RE320 the new monster.
Check it out.

the closer you get a mic to the finished sound you're going for the better because we should all know that EQing adds phase shift and if you have a D112 and are trying to get that punchy metal click... you're better off with a D6 because you won't have to mess with the EQ as much. I do love the D112 as well but I have a lot of love for the D6 because of the music I play. If you play classic rock... don't get a D6, but if you play a lot of fast double bass playing then the D6 is great.

And also....before you reach for the EQ...try some different compressors and sidechaining. The Waves C1 is a pretty great tool or of course if you have access to the C3 or C4 even better. Some of the VST plugins with Cubase are kinda cool....the multi-band comp is decent. Its no waves but its better than EQing the crap out of something.

Thanks for the tip, Mr. Joly. I never tried the Octava on kick, although I have used it on floor toms to good effect. Just one question, do we think that in 10 years, the OP has made his choice yet?-Richie

That's one of the benefits of the InterWeb - its the closest thing we've got to a time travel machine.

Besides, by revisiting old threads different perspectives are added over time and the thread becomes more valuable. The value is not simply providing another "guy answer syndrome" response to the original poster's question.

Just to throw my $2(inflation) in: I have an MJ modded 319, and it is indeed nice on kick. And everywhere else on the kit as well.

So far the D112 is doing me just fine. But having read so much about the RE20, I sorta wish I had held out for that one instead. This largely due to its versatility.

I've used the beta on my bass cab, to me, it sounds decent. I've tried mixing the beta with the 57 too. Still direct on the bass (guitar) sounds best to me.

The beta sounds great on the bass drum.

Back