Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT: read this FAQ BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Thanks

Exclamation IMPORTANT: read this FAQ BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Greetings all! I've compiled some important questions and answers in the first (I think) unofficial HR BBS mic FAQ, found here for eternity:

www.hr-faq.org

Always check here first for any questions you may have about a topic or particular microphone. I'm continually updating and expanding the FAQ, so just because you've seen it once doesn't mean you've seen it all.

NEWBIES: Please read ENTIRELY before posting (at least the mic theory section).

OLD TIMERS: If possible, refer any newbies/confused ones to the FAQ, thus clearing the forum for more interesting/cool threads and topics. And of course, don't hesitate to comment if you don't like what you see. I'm adding many posts from this forum, and if you don't want to be on here please contact me at grahamware@aol.com.

I know this isn't official, but try to pretend it is! I really hope this becomes an important resource for any and all home reccers out there, even outside of this BBS.

Thank you all and enjoy!

-Graham D.

PS. Mod, could you 'sticky' this post to the top like Harvey's big thread? I'm not planning to advertise or anything; the FAQ will remain completely dedicated to this site and its members. Thanks.

Thanks
    Bump
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    _*_

Thanks
    Originally posted by acorec
    _*_
    I hope that's nothing rude Mr. A.
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Mark7
    I hope that's nothing rude Mr. A.
    Nope, just in too much of a hurry to type BUMP. I wanted to keep this FAQ at the top of the list. I was on my way to a meeting and hit those chars in a hurry.

Thanks
    Oh. Sorry

Thanks
    Good start. It's a bit "shallow" in my opinion. It needs more depth. I mean, it could turn into a great resource if you keep working it and adding more breadth (lots of questions and mics are missing, for example not a single Rode or AKG mic?) and depth. Here are my suggestions:

1) In the microphone details section you should describe the mic in detail before giving user reviews/comments. For example:

MXL603 - small diaphram condenser, wide cardiod (compare to: SM81, MC012, SPB1, SPB3, ECM8000...)

then get into the reviews. I see you've done this on some mics but you should do it for all mics. Also if they have any particularly special features, add that (stuff like switchable -10db Pad, 75Hz roll off).

2) Use frames. Put the TOC on the left and the description on the right. It'll be a lot easier to navigate. Right now you have to go back to the top, the scroll down back to where you were in the mic details section, etc. It'd be nice to have the TOC always available for quick and easy jumping to new sections.

3) Don't have questions with blank answers. The "I want to record electric guitar. What mic should I use?" topic came to mind. If you're working on adding information fine, but leave it commented out on the production server until its ready to go live.

Thanks

Thumbs up good calls ed!

Honestly, I intend to implement everything you've mentioned. I'm working as fast as I can to make this better, and any/all input helps me get my priorities straight. After all, I did start this yesterday!

I agree on the frames; the thing is getting too damn big.

Thanks for looking at it!

-Graham

EDIT: inability to type. whups.

Thanks
    I like it a lot.

I think you could include some links to "most popular searches."

For example,

Best condenser under $100

Thanks
    el bumparito.

Thread Information