IMPORTANT: read this FAQ BEFORE POSTING HERE!

I've got to admit it's getting better

It's getting better all the time ;)

Should have finished collecting quotes on CAD mics by tonight (do you want me to cherry pick the best/most entertaining or just send you the whole lot in a folder?).

Mark7 said:
do you want me to cherry pick the best/most entertaining or just send you the whole lot in a folder?.

Send me the whole thing, if you could. Thanks.

ozraves, I didn't realize that there was a whole site behind the mic cabinet article! Tell you what - I'll make one link for mojopie.com instead of linking the single article. Each of the articles you posted are good, but if I made a link for every good article rather than every site the list becomes too big.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Lou - I'm doin' what I can.

-Graham

i think you should highlight that mic purchasing strategy stage.

it is a great article, and i wish i read it years ago.

...Here comes your update

Daily update 7/22/03

Things are good. A couple of more mics have been added on, frames are now finished, but theres more to do...

Yes, ribbon mics would be nice...I realize I'm missing an important part of the discussions here, and I'm working on putting them up as fast as possible.

I'm still working on how to get the 'mic specifics' page organized. Right now I think I'm going with:

Dynamic
-Stand/inst. mounted
-Handheld

Condenser
-Stand mounted:
+SD, and
+LD
-Handheld

(Ribbon)

so that'll be done soon, to compliment the 'mic specifics, by brand'.

A couple of purchasing tips still need to be filled in.

eeldip - I also really enjoyed Harvey's article, but I don't know about highlighting it. It is already at the top of the 'buying' list, and I don't want to say "read Harvey's stuff, skip the rest." Makes everyone else seem irrelevent in the FAQ.

ALSO: Mark7 has graciously dontated time to find stuff! If you want to be as cool as Mark7, find some stuff I haven't found yet and email it to me at grahamware@aol.com.

Possible areas to expand:

Important BBS-common mics I haven't mentioned
Mic buying tips for guitar, bass, vocals (I want it by octave!)

Thanks-
Graham

Don't fret man

Don't worry about all of the models Mark7 - only the ones that get talked about on the BBS.

Shure, for example, makes a million mics. I don't plan on covering them all, because a lot of them aren't even mentioned around here.

Better to be safe than sorry. You never can tell when someone'll post an enquiry about the C195 :D

And, Graham (and everyone else), you can call me Mark.

or Mr. Seven; if you want to be formal.

daily briefing

New stuff-

Mic by brands now separated by brands, instead of one big page. More good news for dialup-ers. Manufacturer links on each brand's page. Good stuff! Check it out. Some more mics added as well.

Newb posts haven't been seriously reduced yet; hopefully, I can get better answers for the questions asked most commonly on the forum.

Thanks to chessrock for donating some info...anyone else want to send me stuff? It'd be cool - real cool. I'll add their name to a 'list of cool' on the faq to anyone who sends me stuff! Someday, it will be a place of honor...

-Graham

Update...

Here's what I'm going to do:

I'm going to stop combing for a while and make an actual database (for you fellow compugeeks out there, php/mysql) so you can look for all mics, say, made by sennheiser, with cardoid patterns, under 500 dollars.

I still need more help, though, in the theory section...still looking for volunteers!

Thanks-

Graham

another thought.

people often refer newbies to the harvey sticky. personally, i have never read that thing. it is a total monster, with so much not much ado surrounding the real info.

what if someone took that sticky and edited it down to something readable? great for the FAQ no?

thanks malcolm that page'll be gone soon anyway, so i wont worry about it.

Good idea eeldip. Someone did it before, but I don't know where/who. If I get a link, I'll put it up, and eventually if nothing happens, I'll put it up myself.

update: search engine almost complete. It's all gunna be dynamic...sweet...stay tuned!

Graham

I've collected as much as I can find off this BBS on the CAD mics. PM me your email addy and I'll send the file to you (it's in Word).

Cheers

Back