I-mic with Xenyx 802

huskerdu

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get your advice on trying to get my xenyx 802 mixer into a USB compatible system.

I currently run my xenyx 802 through my pod xt live so that my macbook can recognize my mixer.

However, I was thinking about trying out the i-mic (as the pod xt live probably adds some colorization to my xenyx) and trying to get USB compatibility through that route.

Do you guys think this is a good idea, or should I try some other USB adapter?

any opinions would be appreciated!

Well whats ur budget...im sure there are some better things than the I-Mic..i have the 40 dollar thing that came with the xeynx 2222, and im really not to pleased with it...you might wanna step it up for some better sound quality..not that you have to spend crazy money. The M-Box, Lexicon Omega/Aplha..etc. Theres more, just search around musicians friend...but from my experiance with USB cheap interfaces...they dont get you a good product in the end.

oh really, I figured they wasn't too much of a difference between seeing as how they are merely adapters.

I'm willing to spend the money, as I have a rode nt1a mic, and would hate for it to turn to shit all b/c of a crappy adapter

although, I should add, if I can keep it under $100, that'd be great.

I hope I can still get something decent for that price range.

Well the alpha is in that range...theres some better PCI-card interfaces, but if ur working with a labtop then i guess it wont work out. And yeah...im speaking just from experiance with my 40 dollar interface when i say it sucks, but you're gonna want something decent, since its the thing recording your mixer, you know? And usb adapters are just not too great to record with.

I know what you mean. I guess ideally, I should've bought a mixer that came with a USB interface, but the xenyx 802 was all I could afford at the time.

I'll def. shop around. thanks for the input!

Back