HyperX Quadcast or AT2020?

GamingDay

I have no luck in finding a direct comparison. Maybe someone here knows which one sounds better. They are almost the same in price so the price isn't a factor.

I like this guy's reviews.

YouTube

YouTube

P.S. If you watch the entire videos, you'll find he likes the AT2020 better (IMO), but not necessarily for gaming, if that's your purpose. Around here, USB mics are not usually most folks' first choice because it ultimately becomes obsolete if you want to get a different mic, while a mic + interface gives you the option of switch mics, or even using a couple mics if you get an interface with a couple (or more) mic pres. A little more money up front, at least until you go buy another USB mic and have one sitting doing nothing...

I like this guy's reviews.

YouTube

YouTube

P.S. If you watch the entire videos, you'll find he likes the AT2020 better (IMO), but not necessarily for gaming, if that's your purpose. Around here, USB mics are not usually most folks' first choice because it ultimately becomes obsolete if you want to get a different mic, while a mic + interface gives you the option of switch mics, or even using a couple mics if you get an interface with a couple (or more) mic pres. A little more money, at least until you go buy another USB mic and have one sitting doing nothing...

I meant the AT2020 XLR version. But thanks, I'll look into his videos.

I just saw the other thread where you say you have the Quadcast already. Ifkits working for you, just keep using it!

The comment the Podcaststage guy makes about the larger pickup pattern of the AT2020 (I’m assuming the non-USB model has the same capsule/guts) is worth considering. If you are working in an untreated space it might pick up more room noise.

Back