High end Mic

G-Mack

I am interested in buying a high end mic? just one
while the getting is good,(money that is).What are
some good mic other than the U-87?

G-Man

i just got an Audio Technica AT4033a with shock mount BRAND new at 8thstreet music for only $299! it's normally over 500 bucks... they have a bulk pack that's cheaper for some reason, but it's not a defect, just packaged differently. at that price for a large diaphram condenser how can you go wrong??

tony

Have a CAD E 350 and recommend it highly. Might wanna try a BLUE Mouse or if ya like tube, the Rode classic or NTV. I like the AKG solid Tube for warm vocals. To me Neumanns are very sweet but OH so pricey and can't help but feel you pay a little too much for the hype. Just my feelings. Happy hunting.

I remember someone posting a high-end mic shoot out between some of the 'best' mics.... damn, I wish I could remember the name of that post!!! They had soundclips that you could compare and everything; they had soundclips of all of them eq'ed the same and tried them on clean vocals, 'breathy' vocals, clean guitar, and something else; I do remember the AKG solid tube sounding really, really good on vocals. But does ANYONE remember that thread?!? It was about a month or so ago.....

high end mics

I thank you guys for the info on the mics? I like
the Bruner and Lawson, but I have not heard them
for my self. I did get to check out the blue and the
mouse, they are both excellent mics. The Manleys are
the bomb but hard to get, but I really like the Bruner

G-Man

Back