HELP: sE Z3300a Microphone

glenn1019

Hey everyone and thanks for viewing this thread. I really need help with my brand new set-up. I have had Pro tools LE 8 and a sE Z3300a Mic for literally 2 days and pro tools is working perfectly. However, I can't get any sound from my microphone what-so-ever. It requires phantom power and I've got that turned on. The only thing I can possibly think of is that its due to my lead not being able to handle the phantom power. I've tried a really old mic of mine which does work but this one doesn't require phantom power, this is why I think it may be the lead.

I've posted a vid on youtube so I can describe it better:

/watch?v=9uyEiTMoZLU

I am desperate for help and really appreciate any ideas, many thanks to everyone!

I looked at your video. The combo connectors on the front of your interface are mic/DI inputs. The quarter inch input is for plugging in instruments directly, ie. guitar, bass etc. You are plugging the mic into a 1/4" DI input. Wrong impedance and no phantom power. Get an XLR to XLR cable and all will be well. It will make that dynamic mic sound better too!

Back