Help with ASTATIC ctm54 & non-model AKG dynamic microphones.

amagras

Hi pals, great forum!
I'd like to know more about these microphones that were given to me as a gift. I couldn't find any information on Google. All I know is that the AKG only says "made in Austria" and the Astatic has a ring in the base with "dynamic omni ASTATIC ctm54 made in usa" on it. As a note I can say that the astatic sounds fabulous to me in front of a small combo guitar amp and the akg has a lot of bass frequencies. Here's a picture. IMG_20140101_104637.jpg]
Thanks beforehand for any help and information!

The AKG is a dynamic which has a nature proximity effect hence the bassier feel.
Omni on the Astatic is cool but, be carful with it around your monitors because of it's pickup field. It could feed back very easily.

Oh yeah. Cool gifts by the way. I hope you said thank you ... Twice. ;)

Welcome to the forums. :drunk:
Sure is a great gift, I also made these boxes with tea boxes for them. Thank you moresound. If you know anything else about the model of the akg or whatever I can learn about the astatic I'll appreciate it very much. IMG_20140103_072322.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work on the boxing.
For good measure I'd stick some little silica gel pouches in the box to absorb moisture from the mics ball and capsule and help maintain it.

Nice work on the boxing.
For good measure I'd stick some little silica gel pouches in the box to absorb moisture from the mics ball and capsule and help maintain it.
Already done. Definitely a good advice. Thank you kip4!

Back