Frequency Interference Blue Spark

GuitarGuru8585

I am looking at purchasing a blue spark on craigslist for cheap, but the mic is missing half of the diaphragm screen. The seller claims that due to it missing part of the screen, it causes "Frequency Interference". I asked what he meant by that and he said any mic will have that that is missing it's screen, and it's kind of like 60hz hum. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this, I've never heard of such a thing.

Thanks,

Hi,

The seller is right. The mesh/grill/screen is there to act as a shield for interference.
Without that grill, or if the grill is damaged, your microphone will buzz...loud!

Damage to the grill, or a missing grill, would make me question the condition of the capsule itself. I'd pass on this one. ;)

I will only hazard a "guesstimate", with the screen missing it's probably been dropped . If its truly cheap and you want to take a chance buy it and send it to Blue for repairs however before you do that go directly to Blues Website and check out their offers. They have just about anything you might need. If you find something you want, then search for a discount coupon for 15 to 20% off. I use a Blue Pro, the best all around condenser you can buy. Check it out, you might even find a used one somewhere.

Back