Ebay recording gear scam!!!!

jmorris

:( :( I'll start this post here. BE CAREFUL. A guy tried to buy some monitors from me I had listed on Ebay. He would not go through Ebay which was the first thing that made me think. He said he was acting for his "client" and he would send me cashiers checks for the item, I was to cash them ASAP. He sent a lot more than the Ebay price. Item was selling for $475.00 and he sent (2) cashiers checks( postal money orders in reallity) for $970.00 each. He said I was to deduct my payment and then Western Union wire transfer the balance to his client so he could arrange for shipping pickup from my house. Long story short, the money orders were fake. The scam is ,had I been foolish, is to deposit funds, wire balance ( almost $1000.00)to his client , sent item and then in the end get hit for fake money orders after they were discovered and loose monitors without payment, and be responsable for almost $2000.00 deposited in my account that will be removed once it is determined that they are fake. This I'm told is the "Nigeria" scam. Be very careful of anyone trying to buy outside of Ebay but more importantly someone wanting you to forward extra payment to third party. Hope this helps. I have address I am supposed to send the mnoitors to. Intend on collecting up a pile of my dogs SHIT, packaging it and mailing it to this shit head. I would love to see his face when he opens it!! :)

jmorris said:
Intend on collecting up a pile of my dogs SHIT, packaging it and mailing it to this shit head. I would love to see his face when he opens it!!

That would be just fantastic! Put an extra wet one in there to teach that guy a lesson!! :p

You should email him and tell him that you need $25 to process the wire transfer now, and that you just don't have it. Tell him upon receipt of the $25 you will be able to afford the transfer of the $1000 and see what happens.

He may send the $25 thinking you've been duped and seriously need his help to get him much more money than he's sending you.

Keep the $25 and call it a day.

War

Man that must blow. I take it you didnt send the monitors?? Do the dog shit part...that'd be funny. You should make it so he gets it on his hands somehow LOL. I take it you went to the FBI or something??

email him and tell him to send the checks then tell him you cashed them and then tell him you will not send either but thanks for the money.

altiris said:
email him and tell him to send the checks then tell him you cashed them and then tell him you will not send either but thanks for the money.

I wonder if the guys who try that scam are the kinds who have concrete shoe businesses on the side. :eek:

dude I would definetly do the shit thing

just collect your dogs shits for like a week and make sure that the package is sealed nicely cause he would be able to smell a package full of dog shit from probably like 10 feet

man I wish that you could put a little launching devise in it but that would be really complex

I would say some fireworks on a trip wire but you could get arrested for fireworks in a package

this same thing happened to a friend of mine only she cashed the check. She had her car listed on ebay for $2500. The guy sent a check for $5000 and told her the rest was to be sent to the person who was to deliver the car. she cashed the check, and sent the money...the bank tried to make her at fault, but she got a lawyer....she kept the $2500 and still has her car....

I believe this is a very common eBay scam. Actually, these people also cruise internet "classifieds" looking for items for sale, agree to "purchase" the item, and use this same scam. I have heard several versions of it, but it always is roughly the same. Someone wants to "buy" what you have, sends the "Cashier's Check" for way more than the agreed on price (or winning eBay bid), with various excuses and explanations for this unusual action, then has you "deduct" the actual selling price and "wire" the remaining money.

The result is always the same. Typically, these people working on behalf of their "clients" are based elsewhere...Africa, Indonesia, etc.

Good job continuing to spread the word. The more people who are familiar with this type of scam, the less likely they are to be successful.

No, did not send speakers. I went to local post ofice first to verify money orders were fake. I called state troppers and they said it was a scam( no shit) and it was CIA issue( go figure) and there are so many of these going on they don't have the time to deal with it. My local postmaster said they will handle it. They have the money orders. Meanwhile I'm screwing with the guy via email like I'm some dumbass. Not understaing any of the direction he tells me. I've had him repeat instructions like 10 times so far. I think he is getting a bit agrivated now! It's kind of fun :)

hehe.

that powerbook thing is so funny.

hhmm... the dog poo thing would be funny... as would the wooden block thing. my idea would be to put some pollen in a box, which is on a spring loaded mechanism, and throws the hpollen all over him. i'd then have Another box, full of bees. to make absolute certain this works, you'd have to write "open this Before trying to get the pollen off... it'll be funny, trust me."

thinking about it, this might make the whole thing lose its spontanuity...

give it a try though.

send the dog mess if it doesn't work.

Andy

Back